promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

I was watching this t.v show and they said that the noah story was true ? what do u think a.s.a.p?

Okay i bee watching the history channel they got evidence of noah's story and they said that was real so i thought if noah was real then shouldn't god aka jesus be real? my mom was watching it to a little and she said this is why we need go to church. So i am just really confused like i think they said it was real im not sure b/c there saying other stuff to. im confused. If i find the ep on youtube i'll pose it down below.

Any advice on making it non confusing ? sorry if this is not enough info i'll try to to find the episode

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

If its in the Bible its true. Consider this:

Its contents are scientifically sound on matters that human researchers discovered only at a later date

Origin of the Universe: Gen. 1:1: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” In 1978, astronomer Robert Jastrow wrote: “Now we see how the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical view of the origin of the world. The details differ, but the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same: the chain of events leading to man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time, in a flash of light and energy.”—God and the Astronomers (New York, 1978), p. 14.

Shape of Planet Earth: Isa. 40:22: “There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth.” In ancient times the general opinion was that the earth was flat. It was not until over 200 years after this Bible text had been written that a school of Greek philosophers reasoned that the earth likely was spherical, and in about another 300 years a Greek astronomer calculated the approximate radius of the earth. But the idea of a spherical earth was not the general view even then. Only in the 20th century has it been possible for humans to travel by airplane, and later into outer space and even to the moon, thus giving them a clear view of “the circle” of earth’s horizon.

Animal Life: Lev. 11:6: “The hare . . . is a chewer of the cud.” Though this was long attacked by some critics, the rabbit’s cud chewing was finally observed by Englishman William Cowper in the 18th century. The unusual way in which it is done was described in 1940 in Proceedings of the Zoological Society of London, Vol. 110, Series A, pp. 159-163.

There is a lot more to consider on the subject but this is the sumarry of it.

If you would like to know more about this and other themes, next time Jehovah's Witness come to your door, ask them for a free Bible study at your convenience. You will never regret all the knowledge you will acquire and remember that what you do with that knowledge is your choice.

Knowledge + Application = Wisdom

Source(s): the Bible
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

History Channel is only reporting the claims that wooden structures on Mt Ararat are believed by some to be Noah's ark.

A worldwide flood simply did not happen, otherwise there would have been evidence in the layers of the earth everywhere. However, there is evidence that a massive flood occurred in the region where the flood story comes from which may have been the source of the story.

Proof of a flood and even the existence of Noah only proves those things, not that Jesus was real or anything claimed in the Bible is true beyond what has been proven. However, the existence of the ark, Noah, and the flood would make the Bible feel more believable.

• _jack_
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

The clever thing about these shows is how they trick you in to thinking its true, without actually saying so.

A few things to consider;

- How did all the animals get to the ark? from different continents?

- How big was this ark, to fit the billions of species?

- How did they then get back to the places where they came from?

- What were the animals fed with?

- After leaving the ark, how did the herbivores survive when all vegetation was destroyed?

- How did Noah repopulate the earth, without indulging in incest?

- How did the different skin colours come about?

- If everything else on Earth died, we would find a whole mass of remains together in one layer of Earth. Why didn't this happen?

- Where did all the water go?

• 1 decade ago

Jesus spoke of Noe (Noah), Jesus spoke only TRUTH, but do you understand what an ARK truly is.

Jesus told you what an ARK truly was, do you understand the words spoken by Jesus? Do you know what an ARK is?

The true Definition of an ark is the ark of the earth, they are the highest mountains as Jesus told you in Matthew 24:16-18.

You will not believe me, but try, the traditions and doctrine of men have distorted the TRUTH.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike L
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The story of the flood is in SEVERAL holy books, including the Qu'ran and Popul Vuh. The story did not necessarily include Noah though, because he is apart of the Christian. Read up on the story of the flood, there is a good chance that there indeed was a large flooding of the earth thousands upon thousands of years ago, possibly when society was first starting. It was a story the Bible borrowed from other books.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its true that a time before the story of Noah and the ark was written, that there was a very big flood in the area that is suggested to of been the location, therefore it is likely that it was true, however there is no proof there was an ark, therefore the story was probably just exagerated

• 1 decade ago

It is called conjecture, or BS. On these programs the "scientist" is usually just a US Christian journalist, who has dedicated their life to finding Noahs ark or some such crock, the voice over says "may have found" "might have said" in the same way an honest person would say "did find" or "did say". What they are really saying is "I found nothing at all, but it is payday for me"

• 1 decade ago

Noah was over 2000 years before jesus, and there are religions that believe in the flood an do not believe in jesus. For example, jews believe in noah but not jesus.

There is no way to be on this channel and not be confused, unless you are use to a daily epiphany.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There's news of finding "evidence" for Noah's ark by some Christian apologist every 4 years or so. Then it becomes eerily silent again.

• 1 decade ago

This is exactly what this show was about, make people beleive in somthing that makes NO sense whatsoever. Think about, really think about it. You can't even get one bird to go on a, hmm, boat?? Seriously, a fable, a very nive fable.

Free advertisment for Catholism,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.