Do you need to take sewing class if you want job in fashion marketing?

i think a job in fashion marketing would be awesome. :DDD

Favorite Answer

Yes, it would definitely be helpful as prototypes are needed most of the time to help with your decisions.

It would also be helpful if you're fairly good at sketching and drawing too.

Hope I helped.

Source(s): I'm in the business.

Not necessarily. I'm a fashion designer, and I need it, and fashion construction careers definitely need it. However, fashion marketing is the business side of things. Your career wouldn't involve much construction. So, no, not absolutely necessary.

However, I would suggest you take one, or even just learn from a relative, because it will be a good thing to know, being in the industry.

first thing to consider is taking fashion merchandizing in high school is nothing like college. its like pre school. i didnt really help you get to kindergarden, and its not necessary to do. second, your gpa has nothing to do with your talent. these schools will require a portfolio to be seen and probably a interview. if you are not completely sure you want to be a designer yet, then you are probably not going to be a designer at all. you have to think about the millions of other girls who have wanted to be a fashion designer for years and have built up to it. since you have won a competition already, im sure that will give you an edge. taking art classes are great as well, sparking you on your creative imagination. i have no idea where you live, but both those colleges are on different sides of the country. i would go for a college near you that is well known for its fashion design program. these are big colleges as well. is that what you really want? there are smaller down to earth schools that are less expensive and do the same things to get you ready for the fashion world. trust me. im 17, and i have been accepted to three fashion design programs at different colleges. only one college is big, but the other two are very well known for getting students ready and into their careers with co-op programs and such. btw, a 2.8 average isnt great anyway. this will hurt you in getting scholarships.

For fashion marketing, you need more business and marketing classes but not a sewing class. For fashion design, you would need sewing and draping classes!! : P

sewing class. or idk what its called. go to ur counselor and ask what classes you should take to get into fashion marketing. hoped that helped haha

Yeah... you have to know how to sew clothes

yes

Yes you do =D