GIRLS!!! What do you think when a guy calls you "pretty girl"?

I texted this girl, "Hey, pretty girl! How's it going?"

She didn't have much reaction to that part but we texted for a bit. Someone told me that sounds bad...? I thought all girls liked to be called pretty lol. I mean, I've known this girl for a long time, but I just started 'liking' her about 4 months ago... I don't think she was creeped... I just want to know why someone told me that sounds bad haha. Maybe it's a Southern thing because "pretty girl" doesn't sound odd to me. We live in Texas and I hear it a lot.

• Lv 5
    Favorite Answer

i think it sounds kind of cheesy, sort of plain, slightly stupid lol

"hey, gorgeous" is so much better.

It means you're cute but not "omg gorgeous." Take the compliment. If you've just met the guy he's not going to proclaim his love to you and declare you the most beautiful woman in the world. He's gonna say "pretty cute" and see how much you like him back. Either way, it's a compliment. Take it and try to start feeling better about your appearance.

Well I laugh when a guy texts me that and call them something sweet back ! :) I mean it might make the person feel like a kid like little but hey i don't think it sounds bad.

I live in So Cal, and I think it sounds fine. Kind of cute, actually.

But if she hears it a lot, maybe she just thought of it as an every day kind of thing, instead of a hint that you like her.

Good luck!

Mind taking a look at my question?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Aj3_j...

• :D

it does sound weird ive been texted that before i think idr lol

but it just sounds like a dad or grandma or grandpa. some family calling you that.

Us girls like to be called beautiful, gorgeous etc.

Pretty girl sounds like we're little lol

I think it's wonderful! I also love a "goodnight beautiful!". If your relationship advances I think it's nice for my boy to tell me he'll miss me when he tells me good night :P

She might just be to shy to tell you "Awww thanks" or something. Just talk to her for a while, slightly flirt and if you can fit it in say something like "and just so you know, I think you're really pretty :)" and see what she says.

But no, it definitely doesn't sound bad. Especially if you like her :)

It seems more original than beautiful or gorgeous. I like it!

• H

it's not odd just... simplistic

THAT U HAVE NO LIFE.