? asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 1 decade ago

Thoughts on these names? :)?

I've reposted this because I missed a couple of names off last time and only got one response!

A few more names I am considering! I haven't yet thought up any combinations for the middle names. Our surname is Mitchell.

Girls:

Lois

Aoife (EE-fa)

Bronagh (BRO-na)

Matilda

Orlagh (or-la)

Alison

Erin

Boys:

Callum

George

Conor

Names we have previously been considering:

Girls:

Catrin

Isla

Rose

Caoimhe (KEE-va)

Boys:

Ronan

James

I'm doing better with girl's names than boy's :/

Thanks! x

Update:

I live in England but am 1/4 Welsh! x

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Love most of the names you have listed!

Lois - very cute

Aoife - LOVE this name

Bronagh - this one isn't one I would choose

Matilda - CUTE

Orlagh - I love Orla but I would spell it without the -gh

Alison - nice but a bit ordinary

Erin - ok name

Boys:

Callum - LOVE this name

George - cute

Conor - very cute and chic

Names we have previously been considering:

Girls:

Catrin - nice as a middle name

Isla - cute

Rose - boring but pretty enough

Caoimhe - there are prettier gaelic names than this, I like Niamh

Boys:

Ronan - adorable

James - great middle name

Matilda Rose or Matilda Catrin, Aoife Catrin, Lois Orlagh, Isla Rose, Orlagh Rose, Orlagh Catrin (although as I said I would spell it Orla, love this name!!!)

Callum James, Ronan James, Conor James, Ronan George

• 1 decade ago

Well my name is Broghan, which is Irish Gaelic, (I'm a girl) and I can tell you straight off I've dealt with a lifetime of misspellings and mispronunciations as well as many teachers thinking I'm a boy based on my name. It's definitely a pain in the behind to be constantly correcting people, and I get weird looks a lot as well, so I'd go for a name that's original and reflects your heritage but won't give your child a lifetime of trouble - Aoife, Bronagh, Orlagh, and Caoimhe, I think are unfortunately going to be names that will be really hard for a kid to deal with. My two cents: stick to names that are easy for people to spell, pronounce and remember. Your child will thank you for it!

Source(s): My experience as having a weird-ass name.
  • 1 decade ago

Boy:

Callum Ronan

Conor Ronan

Girl:

Caomhe Orlagh

Caomhe Bronah

as you can tell i prefer the names Caomhe for a girl and Ronan for a boy. I also like Callum and maybe Catrin but that would be saved for boy/girl twins Callum & Catrin

Source(s): I am french my husband is african. and my sons name is ZaKashious Oedae-it is french & my daughters is african after her fathers mother Zaneyah Ayina. I can respect names that are different. and it is important that your names have a meaning as well.
  • 1 decade ago

What nationality are you? Also, it's best not to end the first name with the same sound as the beginning sound in your last name i.e. Callum Mitchell. Too much mmmm. May be a tongue twister.

Also keep in mind that boys with unusual names are more likely to have mental problems than boys with conventional names. Girls don't seem to have this problem.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I would go with Erin or Alison for girls, even though they are moderately common, the other names are a little crazy, but Bronagh isn't too bad! i like the boys names though. Especially Callum!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Girls:

Alison

Erin

Rose** My favorite!

Boys:

Conor

James

additional suggestions that are some of my favorites:

Evelyn Rose

London Elizabeth

Eleanor (Ella) Renee

Elaina

Laney

Lucy

Bridget

Rosalie

Cecily (ses-ill-ee)

Charlotte

Renee

boys:

Luke Dylan

Jacob Cole

Logan

Caleb

hope I helped!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.