What does "witnessing to others" mean to a Christian?

We know there is no evidence any gods exist, let alone a specific god. Which means christian beliefs are just that: beliefs.

When christians talk about "witnessing", does it mean just explaining their beliefs to others, or does it mean dishonestly misrepresenting those beliefs as facts?

Does Christianity require its followers to act dishonestly?

Best Answer

It means they are talking about an emotional reaction to an external stimulus manifesting itself in a way that their subconscious says they should react.

The Jesus story is a myth.

Rev. Neil

They usually give me stories (mostly without direct evidence for their claims) about how they became Christians. That's the kind of "witnessing" I've experienced, I've yet to be convinced though.

'Does it mean dishonestly misrepresenting those beliefs as facts?'

Doesn't that come with believing without evidence, by default, for them?

'Does Christianity require its followers to act dishonestly?'

Catholicism doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

• Pamela

witness?? Witnessing God can be, what it sound like. Experiencing God. Having a life-changing experience, our pastor saw and angel just before going to beat up this christian guy AGAIN with a shoe, which, I guess, is a HUGE insult in Pakistan, where he comes from. Witnessing God could also be talking about God, being a witness to what has happened and what could happen according to the bible.

.

I can really only speak for myself.

After stints in the Baptist church, and the Methodist church, I was left with a very gnawing dis-belief of what they were trying to teach me.

I tried reading the Bible on my own, but would get so frustrated I'd throw it across the room.

I gave up on religion and just lived the kind of life I thought I should. Always tried to be honest and treat others with respect.

But......... I always thought there must be answers somewhere.

Then one day someone came to my door talking about the Bible. I had always told them in the past "I'm not interested". (I had been told all kinds of things about those "strange" people.)

This time the lady said something that did interest me. -- She then answered all my questions that I had for so many years. She answered them from the Bible and they made sense. I had asked those questions of many ministers. They never answered them.

After finding the answers to questions I had looked for answers to for years, I wanted to go find other people who were also looking for the same answers.

I wish people were more aware of WHY we go to peoples homes and offer answers from the Bible.

The following are what I learned from the Bible that first day.

..........................................................................................................................

Where are the dead?

Genesis 3:19

Psalms 146:4

Ecclesiastes 3:19,20

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6,10

------------------------------------------------------------

Then what?

Revelation 20:13,14

Revelation 21:1-8

--------------------------------------…

And after that?

Psalms 37:9,11,29

Proverbs 2:21,22

Proverbs 10:29,30

Matthew 6:9,10

Matthew 5:5

Source(s): . Christian Witness of Jehovah for 40 years. .

Witnessing is also testifying of your belief in God and in His Son. It's testifying of your knowledge of the gospel, the impact it has made on your life, and your love for Jesus Christ. I am a Christian and no where does it say in the bible or have I been taught that I should be dishonest... ever. When I stand as a witness of God I am taking upon myself the name of Christ, I am testifying to the truthfulness of the gospel, and I am striving to live my life as Christ taught. There is no dishonesty in that.

you are seriously misinformed

1/3 of the Bible is prophecy and 2/3 of that prophecy has happend

miracles happen

prayers are answered, and lives are changed

just because you wont accept the proof doesnt mean it isnt there

Psa 92:5 How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep!

Psa 92:6 The stupid man cannot know; the fool cannot understand this:

Psa 92:7 that though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction forever;

Psa 92:8 but you, O LORD, are on high forever.

Psa 92:9 For behold, your enemies, O LORD, for behold, your enemies shall perish; all evildoers shall be scattered.

Sharing what they have experienced !

The Evidence of God in my life is my own.

I completely understand if you have no evidence of God in your life.

We will have to talk about something else.

How's the Kids ?

Dogs?

Do you have a Cat ?

It's been cold and damp here, summer where you are yet ?

I don't fully understand your question. I am a christian and I am very honest. I truly believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins because I know Him as my personal savior. But I haven't always known it for myself. Someone came and witnessed to me, and told me about Him. Then when I opened my heart and allowed the Holy Spirit to teach me then I saw Him for myself. We are not dishonest we share because we want to help, if you reject it I respect that but God will judge you.

As far as I'm concerned, the things that I see and experience are real, and really happened. I don't subject them all to scientific analysis.

Source(s): atheist

Big Brother is witnessing you.