England vs Mexico 3-1?

I was disappointed Mexico lost today.

I did expect them to lose but im glad it was a big loss just a basic game.

In my opinion Mexico dominated most of the game.

And if Ochoa or Mitchel played rather then Conejo Perez, then I think it would have been

tougher for England to score.

Although I'm very proud of the current squad and am looking forward to the next match on Wednesday against Netherlands!

What did you think about the England vs Mexico game?

Did Mexico learn anything from this match?

And what are your predictions for Mexico vs Netherlands?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Mexico dominated the game and were the better team?? im not too sure,

i agree that they dominated posession, kept the ball well, and were very good and tight spots, that does not mean they dominated the game,

they had the majority of posession were the ball wasnt going anywere, the only players who showed any injinuity and crass was salcido, the left back who went forward well, and all the other mexican players seemed too run out of ideas and just pass to him to do something, the mexican front line seemed very none existant as a threat against a makeshift english backline and a 5th choice keeper(in my opinion), as for the defending of mexico it was simply shocking, the goalkeeper is small for a normal player never mind a goalkeeper, and if it was a real international they would of been down to nine men due to the denials of two goalscoring oppotunities which due to a friendly resulted in yellow cards instead, england showed the ability, skill and composure to see in 3 goals and it should of been more due to a few duvious decisions, wereas mexico got a goal for a bit of poor positioning by as a said earlier a makeshite defence, in the world cup england will be alot stronger(with the likes of James, Terry, Ashley Cole, Barry, lampard back), and i cant say thatll be the same for mexico, and think theyl be lucky to get out of the group stages

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

England 3-0 Mexico

• 1 decade ago

Mexico played a qreat qame, they were way better, but thats the beauty of soccer: you dont have to play well to win, it can be why some people in the U.S dont like it. pero a la aficion Mexicana no hay quien le entienda. If Mexico rocks Bolivia 5-0 they say 'we were supose to beat them that bad...its bolivia.' if they beat Anqola 1-0 we say 'icant believe onlii 1-0!!' before a qame vs England (some not most of the people) 'danq Mexico is qunna qet rocked so badly!' then they loose 3-1, in a qame at Enqland, with a qoal that was offsides, dominatinq the qame nd with 'conejo' on qoal. nd still people on the radio have the nerve to say Mexico sucks. if they play an easy team they complain it's too easy, if they play a hard one they complain its too hard.

We learned Mexicans are hard to convince

2-1: Netherlands

ithink Mexico can beat England if the meet in SA. but Netherlands is way touqher nd faster. but they'll qive them a achallnqe. Robben, Sneijder, Van Der Vaart nd Huneterlaar will be the biqqest headache they face since Messi, Kun, nd Tevez

Source(s): mii bad for the lonq response....ijust felt like lettinq qo lol
  • Chris
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

England deserved the win overall.

Mexico rarely threatened Englands goal even the goal was very scrappy to give away.

As for the next two country's games

Mexico 1-1 Nederlands

England 3-0 Japan

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

welll mexico did learn something, they learned they aint **** against a real national team...

...I AGREE with u in something Mexico did dominate part of the game but Mexico needs forwards all of them suck they had good chances of making goals but they all suck....Vela hella missed, Chicharo sucks for real hes to young.Guille is a player thats just looking for an oportunity to get the ball when he has no defenders just the goalie he nevers gets the ball and cross some defender and scores..NEVER.....all Mexico needs is a REAL STRIKER.....ANYWAYS WHERE IS NERY CASTILLO HE WOULD PLAY BETTER THAN ALL THESE FVCKERS

• 1 decade ago

great possession.

sorry offense (main reason is because of sorry forwards)

sorry defense (main reason is defenders aren't good enough)(but their still good)

easy enough.

Holland will win and mexico will say the same things as they are saying now.

-falta de gol

-falta de contundencia

the reason mexico always lacks the goals is because their forwards are sorry. simplicity.

the truth is always so simple.

• GOAL! AND IT'S A GREAT GOAL BY PETER CROUCH

MARTIN TYLER AND ANDY GRAY HERE TO BRING YOU AN INTERNATIONAL FIXTURE... ENGLAND VS MEXICO...

THE CROSS, TOO WIDE, CROUCH RESCUES IT... KING, THE HEADER OH ITS BRILLIANT! BRILLIANT TEAM PLAY THAT LEAVES MEXICO LOOKING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION...

Brilliant shot, Martin, definitely one for the books

KING HEADERS IT IN WITH STYLE

AGAINST THE BALD MEXICAN GOALKEEPER THE RABBIT PEREZ!

MARTIN TYLER AND ANDY GRAY, INFORMING YOU JUST NOW IN A BRILLIANT AND FORTUNATE GOAL FOR THE THREE LIONS AGAINST MEXICO.

Oh yes martin it was a brilliant attempt, the cavalry came and crouch just tips it in, it wasn't beautiful but it counts!

THE NEW WEMBLEY EXPLODES IN JOY AS ENGLAND DOUBLE THEIR LEAD! 2-0 NOW...

2-1

FRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANCO! GOAAAAAL WHAT A FORTUNATE SHOT, THE GOALKEEPER PRODUCED A HORRIFYING MISTAKE, AND ITS THE GOAL THAT BRINGS MEXICO BACK IN TO THE MATCH

The keeper just lets it wide and what do you, Martin he tips it in and its a brilliant shot.

3-1

BRILLIANT TEAM PLAY. PASSES IT TO JOHNSON. HERE COMES THE CAVALRY, HE ESCAPES, OH SOMEONE STOP HIM! HE GETS A SHOT! OH HOW SPECTACULAR... OH THAT IS A BRILLIANT GOAL

oooh and its in beautiful

• 1 decade ago

i hope aguirre learned from this match and i think netherlands will be easier for mexico than england was.

wow so much hate, i meant on the attack, a way to get through.

• 1 decade ago

mexico dosnt compare to eurapen level

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

mmm pues ya que

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.