Adam asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

Would this be justified in a fight?

Okay I have braces and I've done BJJ for a year. Me and this other guy have been beefin for a while. A carry a mouth piece with me so that if I fought him in the bathroom or something I could pop it in and be fine. If he punched me in the mouth unexpectedly it would cause horrible lacerations to my mouth and probably permanent damage. If this happened do you think I would be justified in putting him in an arm bar and snapping his arm as fast as I could? (he doesn't even know what BJJ is so it would be easy plus I've got a wicked flying arm bar. I figure I could do this in about three seconds. Which do you see as worse? If you've never gotten a cut on your lips don't talk please. Also what kind of damage can you do if you keep pulling the arm bar past the 180 degrees point and after it's broken.

vgordon: Besides the mauy thai clinch and good offensive kicks my stand up is limited. Real life isn't like movies and even a qucik pop in the mouth would hurt like hell.

Liondanc: I was saying if it panned out like he said come fight me in the bathroom. So I go in and before the fight actually starts I put my mouthpiece in. This is a school fight I'm referring to. Also have you ever had braces? If not then don't talk. Even a quick jab could cause cuts and a strong punch could likely cause permanent lacerations and your braces can even go through your lips. Get a paper cut on your lips. . . then do it a 40 more times and deepen the cuts, that's what one punch could do with braces. This causes trouble eating, brushing teeth for months or possibly permanently. The use of his arm seems like a fair trade but I was asking opinion and considering I might get permanent scars It would lift a burden if I could permanently hurt him in this way too.

Seriously, these are severe lacerations, not only might you look different forever afterward but like I said it hinders many every day talks from eating to even talking and brushing teeth, and that's just from my braces scraping my lips normally.

I'm in middle school. I think this would be a even trade, not to mention that this would effectively stop him from punching me there again. I'm no martial arts specialist and I can't go bruce lee or the karate kid on someone. Remember I'm saying if he hit first and the fight wasn't pre planned. I've done BJJ for a little over a year and I'm good at the arm bar and know I could do it to some lanky bastard who doesn't even know what BJJ stands for.

virgil: I like the UFC but I do BJJ myself. I'm no poser and I don't go around wearing tap out shirts. I've used it in mma and no go tournaments when people are trying to resist and know what I'm doing. This guy has no idea what BJJ is and until his arm starting bending he'd have no idea what was going on.I carry a mouth piece because getting punched in the mouth with braces can cause permanent damage without one. You don't know me and you didn't even read the question. By the way when done right you generally don't land on your head I say generally because I get the vibe you did something similar and are ultra bitter about it so people like you would be the exception. I doubt you know what it is much less the mechanics as it really isn't a high risk move when actually done right.

**** off, idiot

Joshua- You seem like a cool guy. I do train though, since I'm under 14 I have a yellow belt not blue but I've trained for over a year. I think you mis interpreted this. The guy is my height ( we are both very tall) but I am about 30 pounds heavier and stronger. His main beef is that I trucked him a ton of times in flag football and he's a hot head about it. Seriously thanks for understanding, you never got to serious of an injury from braces though? I mean it hurts like a ***** from just scraping during normal life but I would think getting punched there would be awful. I would never hit first though. I just can't imagine what I would do if I got serious lacerations there. In the heat of the moment I would probably get pretty violent. I'm mainly talking about a setting with teachers around though. If the fight was in a bathroom I would follow your advise but I'd look like a bum spitting out blood after getting punched and not getting a the RNC before it got broken up.

joshua-and yes your correct the MT clinch is a double collar tie. I'll pick you as best answer but plz message me about what happened when you got punched with braces.

Madax132b@yahoo.com

Oh and I'm, actually a nice guy most of the time, it's just that I've got a cut on my lip from braces ATM and just imagining the pain from a punch there hurts right now.

Seriously man thanks for a good answer but plz remember to PM me.

madax132b@yahoo.com

**** off, idiot

Best Answer

Your going to get your face broken kid. First off do you have a blue belt. Second go for a ******* choke. Get a rear naked and put in the hooks. Arm bars are escapable he will stack you and you will get your face broken. Buddy **** the mouth guard, I was a hard core brace face. Like really hard core, head gear, braces, Something called the MARA appliance which is like a ******* mouse trap. Braces suck. But cuts heal, trust me, don't be pussy. Don't wear a mouth guard, it not going to help. I got a punch to the face with braces lots of time. Yeah it hurt, I had cuts, Once my mom thought I might need stitches, I played rugby with braces. So I know it all. Listen go for the choke, hold it tight for no longer than six seconds loosen it after, don't let go. While you do this scream as loud as you can, "Chill the **** out". You will not be in trouble regardless of whether or not he get knocked out, because you feared for your life. If you don't train BJJ don't say you do, just a btw, when I was in middle school I watched a lot of ufc and my neighbor was a purple belt and taught me some stuff. I tried the arm-bar he taught and I ended up applying it from guard. I then realized I had to actually train BJJ which is know what I train. You sound like a kid whose a nice guy, listen besides This Mauy Thai clinch you specify, which I am almost positive you are reffering to the double collar tie, your plan seems well stupid. I think this kid plays sports, is a huge jackass and thinks its cool to pick on you. He will learn in high school when you finally come out of your shell and don't take ****. For now don't fight unless provoked and you fear for your well being or life. Screw this honor **** there is no honor. Dude I have a twin and we both had braces, kids picked on us and when we got to high school we played rugby and did some MMA. We became cool and I just got a ******** from the dream girl of the jackass who use to pick on me. I also tackled him during a game of rugby and beat his face so bad that the coach kicked me off the team. He punched me long story. Listen train hard and if you really have to, or need to. Go for the rear naked choke. He will not be able to get out, and with you yelling everyone is going to see how much of a little ***** he is. Keep your head up stay strong. If your serious and you actually train BJJ thats cool I don't know a lot of kids in middle school who do but good for you. Keep that up and when you go to highschool. Wrestle or Play football and trust me life will get so much better. This kid will think he is G and get **** grades and go nowhere. Me and my brother are about to graduate. We both got into each program we applied our SAT scores are really high. **** this kid, don't think your gangster but if he ***** with you. You choke him out. If your scared. If not walk away. Still Armbar's are escapable. Double colllar tie with some good knees to the face and nice throw. Followed by a mount position and a few punches will show this kid who is boss. Don't go overboard if he is bleeding stop. Just hit him enough times to make a point. Also telling your teacher something is going on is good to, cause when your sitting in the principles office they'll now you didn't start it. My brother fought with some guy who said some **** about his this girl friend of his and he, well he throw the guy on the ground and pounded the **** out of him. My brother hits really hard though. He can knock out people. He has also broken each of his hands multiple times. He broke his left hand from that fight. Punching people without gloves is a bad idea. Stick to knees, elbows and chokes. Joint locks are plan B. Kicking him in the nuts totally cool. No one cares. Say you hit him in the stomach if someone asks or say otherwise.

Dude be cool, don't fight. Just focus on making friends with girls, playing sports and getting good grades. You will have high school for all the sex, drugs, girls and fighting you can imagine. My brothers motto is "Skip School and Start fights" however my brother has 86 in every course and has lost one fight, he also has an SAT score of 2000 and a really hot girl. I have lost none. I am 43-0. He is 103-1. We keep track its hard when people pick on you. Its not cool to fight but when kids back you in a corner and there is no one to help you do it yourself. Don't fight this kid, find another method. Btw I have a hot girl too she is hotter than his girl. They kind of look similar but mines hotter, honestly cool kids don't skip. Be cool and remember girls hate guys who fight, they would much rather see guys talk it out.

Props

Joshy

Source(s): School Life Bullying Braces BJJ MMA Fights Rugby Girlfriend Brother Clubbing Partying Friends Travel

What you are asking is an affront to the martial arts. If you are really a true martial artist, you have been trained to defend yourself only with as much as it takes and not to injure another person if possible. So what if he hits you in the mouth? If you are as good as you say, use a blocking move and push him away without hitting back. That's true power. You are now the better person!

If he continues to fight or want to fight, do so with the knowledge that you can best him. Take him down only to the point of stopping him; try to not break bones, though.

I've been there and done it. I actually had a similar situation many years ago. I tried to walk away from an angry employee and he wanted to fight. That didn't happen though, because I used a 2 x 4 piece of wood and broke it with an open hand chop. That scared him off. The result....no more arguments from him. No threats..no fight!

Source(s): I am a trained M. A. with kenpo experience.
  • G T

I understand where you've coming from. I wore braces. A split lip hurts so much worse when you've got braces brushing past it. You have to be careful with a flying armbar. If you don't land it, then your opponent has the complete advantage. Even if you do land it and sink it in, his friends might be there to kick your head in after the fight goes to the ground. Don't carry your mouthguard with you and don't talk about what you'd do against him. Both of those things can make it seem like you premeditated the fight, and it will be so much worse for you legally.

It's gonna sound lame, but try to walk away. If you have to fight, just do what is necessary at the time. Don't try to rip his arm off like a chicken leg or anything like that. Doing too much and going too far just isn't worth it. Trust me.

Good luck, man.

Do you know how to block? It seems more efficient to me to block than trying to dig in your pockets for the mouthpiece, then pop it into your mouth running the risk of dropping it in the shuffle, not to mention the minute you will reach into your pocket you will have probably already gotten hit. Now that your hand is trapped in your pocket and you already got hit I doubt you will be in an advantage position to put on an armbar unless you can do it with your one free hand. I bet you anything your friend can hit you much faster than it takes you to get that mouthpiece into your mouth. Doesn't sound like a good strategy to me.

If you pull an arm with such force you can break bones, tear ligaments and potentially cripple your opponent for life at which point he has the right to sue you and make you take care of him for the rest of your or his life. You could go to jail for assault too. Hardly worth for just 'beefin' don't you think. I think the manly thing to do is grow up and get over the kindergarten stuff.

A flying armbar in a tiled bathroom....hmmmm I'd really like to see you try that and tell me how it feels compared to a mat in a dojo. Anyone with experience can tell you a bathroom is the worse place to get into a fight and try all that fancy stuff, first of all, the tiles are slippery, secondly you have multiple hard surfaces like the urinals, sink, stall dividers and walls that are just waiting for your skull to come into contact with. It's not worth it, just forget about it, a few years from now, you'll probably think it childish yourself. But if you really wanna try your skills on him, then invite him to your gym and ask him to spar on the mat under supervision, otherwise, if you insist on fighting him in school, you will end up visiting juvenile detention.

Do this instead. Don't throw a punch. Tie him up in the clinch. Take him down. Darse or arm triangle, gator role, or anaconda his azz until he passes out. That way you won't have more legal trouble that you have to. You can say that he attacked first and you didn't throw a punch, but if you really hate this kid and want him to feel pain, pressure points, body shots, and throat strikes. They don't leave noticeable damage and they still hurt like a mother.

Source(s): BJJ 6 months submistion wrestling 6 months

You have an over-inflated estimate of your skills and abilities.

Then again, here we got you saying that you carry around a mouthpiece just in case he punches you in the mouth.

You FCKIN queer fanboys watch it on TV and think you're the ones in the cage.

You have a "wicked flying armbar"? Yea give that a shot and see if you don't end up landing on your head.

Then again you'd be a celebrity in high school, known as the kid who tried using a flying armbar on someone else only to fall on his head instead.

That will make your high school years go by in a flash.

Source(s): Idiot.

if your going to fight him, dont break his arm

i know you want to and im sure you can, but that will get you in big trouble with the law

there was once a fight at my school and one kid used a a lighter in his hand to make his punches stronger, cuz of this he broke the other kids face and sent him to the hospital. the kid that used the fist filler got a court date and was charged and the guy in the hospital got away with just a broken face

an arm will heal but a blemish on your record like that stays with you forever

The problem with your question is that Muslims do not believe Jesus is God, nor do Jews believe Jesus is God. It is an affront to both belief systems to claim such a thing. A Muslim cannot fathom God having a "Son" and Jews were especially offended when Christ said that God was His heavenly Father.

no