How much minimum rent do I have to charge a relative living in my investment property fo negative gearing?

We are looking at purchasing an investment property for my mother to live in but are not sure what minimum rent we need to charge her to still be able to negative gear the property. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you are trying to avoid taxes on the property, you cannot do it renting to a relative.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.