Where can you buy FDA approved hair henna?

I want to get FDA approved hair henna from a store. I don't want to get it online, but at an actual store. Thanks in advance!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

henna as in not they dying one but the strengthening one u can buy at CVS stores but its always like on the bottom shelf its called Henna n' Placenta....yeah i think its like 3 dollars for a small packet

• Lava
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

The FDA doesn't regulate henna, so you won't find any that's been specifically approved. Since it's not a food product and it's sold as hair dye, the FDA has set no restrictions on its use. It's not approved as a body product, but henna is rarely seized in customs unless it contains unlisted ingredients. The FDA is aware of the problems of PPD-containing "black henna" and is hopefully working to make pure henna legal for skin while keeping impure henna illegal for both skin and hair.

Online retailers can be a great source of pure henna for skin and hair. Mehandi sells henna that's been tested and certified as pure and can even tell you the dye content. If you buy from a store, try to find one that keeps their powder in a freezer where it won't lose potency like it will on a shelf. Look for stores that offer Middle Eastern, Asian, or African products.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.