Kedah<3 asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What is the best way to regulate your digestive system?

My digestive system is irregular and I've tried benefiber and other fiber supplements and it helps, but it doesn't completely regulate it. Is there any other way I can completely regulate my irregular digestive system?

Favorite Answer

Some rules I try to follow:

Try to avoid doing shiftwork. It's much easier to keep your digestive system regular if you work a 9-5 job - if you have a regular routine your body will too.

Don't eat later than 6pm (or at least 3 hours before bedtime), so as to ensure you don't go to bed on a full stomach.

Eat fiber for breakfast, but never mix carbs and protein. Your body digests carbs well, it also digests protein well but for some reason it is less efficient at digesting them both together. Look at 'The Hay Diet' (Google it). It really helps me!

You must drink enough water. At least 2L a day.

Try to avoid caffeine, especially in the afternoon/evening.

Try to get some exercise.

eat fruits everynight, banana really helps!!

can u answer my question please: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AgxtG...