p90x nutrition guide questions?

Hi

I am starting p90x on June 14th and I'm a little confused about the nutrition guide. I plan on going with the portion plan rather than the menus

.

I know I should eat several small meals a day but does it matter how many portions I have for one sitting? for example. I am phase 2 (which is a lot more calories than I'm used to but I'll give it a try) so I need seven servings of protein. If I am eating 6 meals a day Is it ok to have 2 servings of protein for dinner (6oz chicken). On the same lines, I am allowed on carb,and 2 english muffins count as 1 serving so could I ahve an english muffin at breakfast and one at lunch? and what abotu using low fat or light bread or english muffins (1/2 the calories of the regular ones) can I then double the portion?

My other question is about snacks. Are these snacks tagged on to other meals? for example sorbet or frozen yogurt after dinner or should I be eating 6 meals and 3 snacks at differnt times.

I plan on doign this without any supplements other than Whey protein. So I would likely plan on having a meal about an hour before my workout and dinner after my workout about a half hour after (trying to save a small portion of carbs for this meal)

If anyone could clarrify or confirm that I am understanding this correctly I'd be very appreciative

I am only looking for answers from people who are doing the p90x program and can give me specifics about it.

I plan on following this program accurately and am not interested in links to web sites with other diets thanks

Favorite Answer

Following the P90X Nutrition Plan is just as vital to your overall success as any of the extreme workouts in this program. Specifically designed to work in tandem with the P90X routines, this 3-phase eating plan provides the perfect combination of foods to satisfy your body’s energy needs every step of the way. P90X is not about quick fixes or miracle diets. It’s about selecting the healthy foods that you WANT to eat, and determining the portion amounts that will provide your body with the right amount of fuel to excel during exercise. Identifying what, when, and how much to eat so you can lose fat and still get into incredible shape is the goal of this nutrition plan. The fact is, you are capable of achieving awesome results if you follow this eating plan as designed. For many, this may be the toughest exercise—but it is absolutely essential to succeed in this program. Once you incorporate the principles of the P90X nutrition plan into your life, you will quickly begin to feel better, look better, and without a doubt perform better. You’ll also soon discover that your cravings for unhealthy foods will be greatly reduced. Your commitment to getting in the best shape of your life depends on your willingness to adhere to the guidelines of this 3-phase eating approach. The fundamentals are simple and easy to follow. All you have to do is make the commitment to stick to the plan and give your body the high-octane fuel it needs to get to the finish line.

P90X® Nutrition Plan | BBQ PhotoThe Three Phases:

Phase 1: Fat Shredder

A high-protein-based diet designed to help you strengthen muscle while simultaneously and rapidly shedding fat from your body.

Phase 2: Energy Booster

A balanced mix of carbohydrates and protein with a lower amount of fat to achieve additional energy for performance.

Phase 3: Endurance Maximizer

An athletic diet of complex carbohydrates, lean proteins, and lower fat with the emphasis on more carbohydrates. You’ll need this combination of foods as fuel to get the most out of your final few weeks and truly be in the best shape of your life!

within the first month you want to take out many of the processed breads. I would stick to wheat breads or muffins. one in the morning and at lunch seems fine, but I wouldn't double up on the bread, unless you feel you really must have it.

I found the whey protein shakes with fruit to be a really good source of energy after the work outs. it might seem like a lot of calories but you burn it.

the snacks I think they are added in, but I'm not totally sure they might be. I usually ate a protein bar before my work out then had lunch after then a few hours later had my shake. basically they are taking out all sugars in the first month then reintroducing it the second month. eating every few hours allows your body to burn fuel always. and after you start your work outs you will see you will need all you can get.

I found that the work outs AND the diet worked really well. I lost a lot of weight the first month and felt really strong. then I moved and haven't gotten my **** together since then, soon though, very soon. good luck.