Blas D asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 10 years ago

Why is life unpredictable?

Why is death unpredictable? Why can't we predict the length of our lives? What do you think is the main reason behind it?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • meena
    Lv 6
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

We cant live if we know the future. we cant control it beyond certain limit.

Worldly Life starts the moment we come out of our mother. It ends when we die. We have got human soul, mind and physical body. Human soul remains dormant even after death. Everything in this life is limited by time and space dimension. Entire life is a choice between good and bad. We reap what we sow. The same applies to the concept of “Life after death”. All these efforts and struggles cannot become nothing or vanish just like that. Every thing will have its effect. Life is always a struggle between good and bad.

Death is not a solution, it is a transition to the next phase where we will have an eternal life.

Happiness is also limited by time. It cant be forever in this life. We have to have sad things as a part of this life. But we can be with peace of mind during both the extreme occasions.

Everything in this world is dual in nature. (ie) co-existence, in a small atom we have + & -ve charged particles. We have ups & downs, crests & troughs, black & white and so on. Like wise we have happiness and sadness as a part of our life. This life is a test on how we react to both and be a human being. How we suppress our animal qualities and relieve them within the allowed limits.

• eike
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Life Is Unpredictable

• kozzm0
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

death is not always unpredictable.

When you're born, you already know you're most likely to live somewhere between 60 and 80 years.

You might die sooner or later than that. But that doesn't mean it's entirely unpredictable either.

For example, if someone threw you out of a plane without a parachute, your death would be easy to predict with 100% accuracy.

• 10 years ago

Life is partially predictable by science if you are defining life as the experience of living rather than just living organisms. We can predict the movement of celestial objects because there is repitition in it. We can predict the behavior of some animals because they have been observed behaving in relatively repetitive ways. I think the predictability of things in life rests on how much of the complexity of it has been made sense of. Science has not come up with a theory to explain everything yet, which is why scientists still have jobs. Not everything in the universe is fully known or understood yet by anyone, which is why there is a degree of unpredictability to life.

Source(s): Life, Studying for biology, Reading philosophy
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • karl
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Science is oriented toward prediction and is getting quite good at it. We can predict where a satellite will intercept Venus, etc. So we get spoiled at bit by this heady success and start asking well, can we predict our own death using science? But although science can predict a lot very well, it still is clueless about WHY its formulas work. All we have are formulas that, given much trial and error, are changed until they are effective. It will be thousands of years before we understand what is really going on here - maybe then we can define life (we can't right now) and, yes maybe, begin to predict death too.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why is life unpredictable?

Why is death unpredictable? Why can't we predict the length of our lives? What do you think is the main reason behind it?

Source(s): life unpredictable: https://shortly.im/kiMoG
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

We can predict the length of our lives based upon medical condition and lifestyle practices, occupation, geographic location, etc. etc., all the situations that may affect one's longevity. But these statistics just allow for a prediction because regardless of any of them we may die in a car wreck tomorrow at age 20.

A prediction is not an absolute; it is a best guess; just check out your local weatherman to see what I mean.

I don't think there is any reason behind it. The length of a life depends upon chance.

• Carol
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

When you wake up in the morning... anything is possible... When you go out your front door to start your day.. anything is possible... When you get in your car... and begin to drive... anything is possible... Sitting at Starbucks, drinking a coffee.... anything is possible... Walking along the beach.... exchanging glances with a passerby... anything is possible.... I'm pretty sure you know where i'm going with this... life is... by experience and definition... unpredictable... and I would not want it... any other way....

• 10 years ago

There is no reason. That's just the way it is. The entire universe is random and so are most of it's events.

That's why people say live every day as if it was your last, because it might be, for ANY of us. So get crackin' on those things you want to accomplish and the people you want to meet!

Source(s): me
  • 10 years ago

I think its because every second into the future we go is always affected bye the seconds before it lol. So its unpredictable because its never certain :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.