Are TEFL, TESOL, etc. online-classes true?

I am considering getting my teaching English certificate but I do not know which one is the right choice for me. I am considering teaching English -- as a backup, in countries where I visit moderate amount of times. Therefore, can anyone advise which is the proper certificate in teaching English??? Also, do the... show more I am considering getting my teaching English certificate but I do not know which one is the right choice for me. I am considering teaching English -- as a backup, in countries where I visit moderate amount of times. Therefore, can anyone advise which is the proper certificate in teaching English???

Also, do the websites that advertise "Certificate" programs in Teaching English really true or is it some kind of scam? I usually hear about Teaching English programs being offered in real-person classes.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.