survival knife............?

Basically if you had to be stuck in the woods with nothing but a knife, what knife would want to have?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd want a knife that I could: do light cutting chores with. It would need a skinning blade and be useful for making snares, starting fires, and cutting up food for eating. If I need more, I'll get a big stick and put a pointed end on it. This knife would be, about, ideal for my deep woods use -

http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/eCommerce/produc...

• 10 years ago

There are lots of knives that would be adequate. I would chose a simple, straight-forward design with a carbon steel blade and a good comfortable grip. I also place a lot of value on a well made sheath, too. A quality sheath is important because no knife will do you any good if you lose it, or can't carry it because the sheath broke or came apart.

I have a lot of knives, but my Cold Steel SRK would be my first choice in the situation you describe. I would want a good sharpener as well, like a quality wet stone or a diamond stone. A dull knife is useless.

• 10 years ago

A hunting knife that was about 6 inches long, stainless steel, with serrations on top and an edge along the bottom. with a narrow blade maybe 1 inch wide. Gerber survival knives are close to what I use. I actually made me one that really love that fits my hand.

• 10 years ago

My Smith & Wesson boot knife. I was tempted at first to say "Swiss Army Knife", but what good would a can opener or corkscrew be if you were stranded in the woods?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

Probably a cold steel trail-master. Something big enough to split a lot of wood with.

• 10 years ago

A buck knife and a swiss army knife for little stuff

• 10 years ago

ESEE-6. large enough to chop, small enough to make dead fall trap triggers, easy to maintain, far stronger than the old Ka-Bars.

• 10 years ago

The good ol' KA-BAR

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

machete because it has a long range, convenience, and sharp

• 10 years ago

a samurai no doubt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.