Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 10 years ago

The Toronto Bluejays.... Contenders?

Heres wat I think:

Bautista+Gonzalez+Ed win= Best 6,7,8 in MLB today. And they could be a good 3,4,5 the way theyre hitting... I am happier than i was even before the gregg blown save... They are NEVER out of a game and their power is consistent and can come from ANYONE IN THE LINEUP... Most teams 7,8,9 is a guarenteed one two three, but in toronto with gonzalez, encarnacion and Buck (in AL) they can start a rally... this team will make a run for the AL East and once litsch comes back and replaces that BUM eveland theyll be even better... I like Morrow and i am not worried about him... His stuff is so nasty and Bruce Walton and him should figure things out. Eveland is not a good enough major league pitcher and im glad his starts are running out....

To all of u who still doubt this team here is why this year is different than last.... To start our Jays lead the majors in homers by 15 over second best sox... We have most pitching Ks, 7th best OPS despite 7th worst average and 4th in runs, 1st in doubles and top 5 quality starts... There is a balance between pitching and hitting for the first time i can remember

And to those who say Halladay is gonna be missed... I dont think he fit in here... he always seemed isolated and didnt fit in with the young up and coming team... He almost seemed like an intimidating force on the team because a lot of guys would maybe say let halladay win this for us and I think with a YOUNG rotation we have 5 guys all pitching their hearts out and the hitters cant take any game lightly because "we have halladay pitching"... Also last year we started the year with HALLADAY, TALLET, ROMERO, and then we had 2 4 and 5 pitchers always changing... we had the most different starters in the mlb... this year we have marcum back and romero and cecil have developed greatly and morrow has a nasty curve and heater AND Litsch is coming back to take over evelands spot . Last year the team had reported chemistry problems and were split in the locker room.

The hitting at almost every position has ugraded and Vernon Wells is hitting the way he has to.... IMAGINE WHEN HILL AND LIND START HITTING like last year

Bautista, encarnacion, wells, gonzalez, hill, lind could all potentially hit 30 HR while Buck Snider and Overbay may hit 20... could have all 9 w/ 20+

So wat do you guys think?

Will all 9 hit 20+?

Will they make the wildcard?

Is there anything u disagree with that i said?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

i think the blue jays could be contenders, becuse the way yankees & red sox are playing anything is possiable, if blue jays pitching hold up & hitters hitting blue jays are contenders for wild card

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

No I don't think they will be. The Jays are playing great and are over .500. The Yankees and Redsox are playing like dog sh*t and they're also over .500. When the Yanks and Sox actually start palying the Jays will be left in the dust.

• 10 years ago

Not hardly keep dreaming...

The jays keep losing and will stay in 3rd The rays and Yankees own the division

• 10 years ago

eh.. i dont like them..

just cuz im a twins fan.. i didnt read any of that, but they are a good team

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.