Why do Jewish people write God: "G-d"?

I know it's out of respect for his name, however, that isn't his name. His name is Yahweh, and that was changed to God because his name was considred too holy for human lips. And now, jews think that the title they gave Yahweh out of respect for his name, (God, or Lord) is still too holy and they need to... show more I know it's out of respect for his name, however, that isn't his name. His name is Yahweh, and that was changed to God because his name was considred too holy for human lips.

And now, jews think that the title they gave Yahweh out of respect for his name, (God, or Lord) is still too holy and they need to change it again out of respect for Yahweh? Sorry, what?

Do most Jews even know that God's true name is Yahweh? It's in all the early manuscripts.

Now, I'm not saying that giving respect for God's name is a bad thing, (Although, it is not mentined at all in the Torah, IDK about the Taknah) I'm just saying, it' already been done. Refering to Yahweh as God or Lord is already respecting his name. So, now the title we gave to Yahweh, (God) to give respect to him, is considered too holy, and needs to be changed out of respect for him (G-d)

...