Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 years ago

POLL:What's the first thing that comes to mind when you see?

A teenage boy smoking and wearing a leather jacket?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It brings back many memories of the 50's and early 60's. Poodle skirts and duck tailed hair cuts, Cars with class and styling, hot rods and speedsters. Harley's and Indians (motorcycles) chopped and not, Sock hops and pony tails with a scarf or large hankie tied around it or around your neck Skirts and dresses only allowed at school. Jeans turned up a fold or two, penny loafers, and saddle shoes. If a guy was a smoker most of the time he'd turn his t-shirt sleeve over the pack, or stick them in his socks. Girls would sometimes sneak off with one of dads white shirts, roll up the sleeves and tie them at the waist. I can hear the commercial, call for Phillip Morris (cigarettes) and the young man in uniform The commercials were so different than now, Speedy Alka Seltzer, Bromo Seltzer, Marlboro's, and Viceroys, Camels and Lucky Strikes, Cokes in the 6 1/2 ounce glass bottles. Dr Pepper, R C cola, McDonald's burgers for $.15. Gasoline for $.19 a gallon. Church bells ringing on sunday morning, and air raid drills in school, drop and cover your head and keep your eyes closed so the blast wouldn't blind you. We would do as told not realizing if we were that close it didn't matter. TV was just really booming and we'd watch Ed Sullivan, Red Buttons, the Lone Ranger and Tonto, Roy and Dale Evans his horse Trigger and hers Buttermilk, then listen to Amos and Andy and One Mans Family on the radio at night. The nightly crash of things falling out of Fibber McGee's closet, and the Green Hornet. You could picture the people holding rubber cups hitting the table just so to make the noise of horse hoofs, and the rattling of a piece of sheet metal to make thunder but caught up in the story line those sounds were so real.

Thanks for the walk down memory lane, when you were not afraid to leave your keys in the car, slept with the windows wide open, kids hitchiked and got there safe, a contract was closed with a handshake, teachers and police were respected, and if you did something wrong the news got to your house 10 minutes before you and you running as hard and fast as you could. As I click to send this on to you I have a smile on my face, again Thanks.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

James Dean

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

A boy that likes to smoke

• 10 years ago

Same as the other answers. Grease or the Greasers from outsiders.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Time Paradox

• greaser from the outsiders <3

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Grease.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Punk.

• 10 years ago

I think of the band Nirvana.

• 10 years ago

SEXY

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.