Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

Can't terrorist cross over the US border with the other 10,000 illegals that come over daily?

How can they think it's 'competitive' to inject over 200,000 immigrants every 30 days into this country, when we suffer 20 million unemployed Americans? Another 35 million Americans subsist on food stamps! Millions more suffer foreclosed homes because they cannot pay the mortgages because they don't have jobs. How about 13 million of our children living in poverty? How about 1.5 million homeless Americans? Where is the logic? Where is the common sense? What planet do they live on?

Am I crazy to ask these questions? Or, are they totally out of touch with reality as they import 1.2 million more people into this country annually? I am a former math/science teacher. Numbers either add up or they do not add up. At our current immigration rates, we can expect 70 million more immigrants injected into this country within 25 years. It's the most ignored and avoided issue in immigration debate.

Best Answer

It's the same the world over in the developed countries. Maybe if the World bank and IMF addressed poverty in practical way then the so called failed states would be able to develop in a way that suited them and not the USA. Then their debt would go FOR something and not wasted like it has been doing. Oh, and while we're in a thoughtful mood why don't we just acknowledge that free trade should be a choice and not compulsory. Giving a third world country money then telling them how to spend it when they know their own markets and potentials best does not work. If the shoe was on the other foot and I was living in an impoverished country I would be moving on too. Wouldn't you?

Migration will continue until this scenario is sorted out. It's not impossible.It seems that the IMF are so intent on controlling the world that it's protocols are completely out of touch with the people who know.

I would say yes a terrorist could cross over and I think that subject has shown up on the news once or twice. I agree with what you say. It is so heart breaking that sometimes I can not even think about it. How it might effect my daughter who is five years away from college what will it be like for her. You should check out the resent deport issue in Kennesaw Georgia. There is a girl who came to the US and moved to GA when she was 10 years old. Her parents are her illegally and so is she because she was not born here. Now this is were it gets crazy. She has graduated HS and is in her last year of college. She says she want to be a lawyer. She was pulled over for a traffic violation and was arrested for lieing to the campus police when she said she lived at the address that was on the registration of the title. She has no drivers license. The question is should they deport her back to Mexico. I say yes. She is going to an american college and paying in state tuition not the expensive out of state tuition and how did she in-roll in college with out a SS number or a birth certificate. How did she think she was going to practice law in the US. All lawyers go through an extensive background check after you pass the bar. Come on now. Lies lies lies. That tells me her entire life is a lie. It gets worse I cant even continue. I agree. Lets write the president. Not that that would help. I don't mind them being here so much as I want it to be legal. Blacks fought for civial rights not to have other imigrants to take advantage of their had work. Black were brough her they did not ask to be here. Mexicans cross over and expect all the benifits we have to offer with out the work and not follow the rules. They walk around as if posums are suppose to come out in the day.

Both parties want votes. Terrorists are already crossing. Read the source article, here's an excerpt:

Farmer talked to an Arizona rancher who didn't want to be identified because he's afraid of the Mexican cartels who smuggle drugs near his property. He said he found a Muslim prayer rug on his ranch. "This is one more indication that there is a whole lot more than just a few Mexicans coming into the U.S.".

A recent congressional report on the border threat confirmed members of Hezbollah have crossed the Southwest border. It shows photos of military jackets with Arab insignias found on the border. One depicts a picture of a plane crashing into the twin towers in New York City.

Dave Stoddard was a border patrol agent for 20 years. "The American public has been kept in the dark about this issue," he said. "In my experience, for every one apprehended, at least 10 escape apprehension."

Who is "they" exactly? As a former teacher, I would think you wouldn't leave out that very important factor. Very few people in this country are pro illegal immigrant. I for one am against illegal immigration, yet I full well realize that the process of removing them all will cause more harm than good. I do agree that we should prevent the entry of more illegal immigrants into this country, but you haven't really provided any good mechanism for doing that, especially in a way that continues to allow legal immigration.

But you've pretty much avoided your initial issue. Terrorists can come over to this country in numerous ways. They can come over the Canadian border, the Mexican border, go by flight to our country for a short stay, or whatever method they desire. We live in a large country with lots of methods of getting in. There's no way we could prevent even a majority.

Welcome to American politics, where we screw over the little guy so we can get more votes. And if we suffer a terrorist attack, we;ll sweep it under the rug that they came over with the illegals that we are getting our votes from. Terrorists can and do sneak across the border, and aside from trying to kill us, they take a job from a more "entitled" American (Americans have more of a right to American jobs, it's that simple), they take the services that Americans pay for and expect in their time of need, and they take the money that many families desperately need right now.

To answer your other question, unfortunately they live on this planet. However, if you would join me on this daring venture, I am trying to trick every politician into one rocket ship, and then send them to that big planet in the middle of our solar system. Oh wait, that's the sun. Oh well, plan stays unchanged.

As another answer said, most of these terrorists ARE already American citizens, and come through with documentation - such as with Student Visas and as visitors, then forget to go home, and disappear into mainstream America! Now THAT's IMS's fault! It lets anybody land on our shores!

Apart from giving hima few extra votes in 2012, where does he expect these illegals who he wants to make legal, find jobs here!??? If American citizens can't find them, I don't see his logic!!! I know he has a bunch of Government jobs available, is he going to offer those to the illegals??? What if they can't speak English? Will Obama Mandate us Americans to speak THEIR language? Is he going to put THEM in charge of keeping Law and Order?? If the illegals find better paying jobs than working in the fields, WHO will be picking the crops??? I can't see the farmers paying them a decent wage AND Health care benefits! What will we eat? Imported goods from other countries?

I don't know what planet they think they are living on either.. I think he wants to unite the world under one law and him at it's head! Pardon my French, but WHO has been backing this guy since way before he became a senator!!! Somebody sponored him to go to school and on to Columbia and Harvard! His family didn't have that kind of money, and HE was no genius!! And why are the guys in his administration acting SO afraid to disagree with him!?? He must have some powerful stuff on them, to buckle under like they do!!!

I am a retired Police Officer from the Ca. Az. Mexico border. We have enforced immigration law here for decades. It was not uncommon for us to detain an illegal early in a shift and turn them over to the Border Patrol. They would process them and return them to Mexico. Later in that same shift we would again detain the very same illegal and turn them over again. We detained and turned over to the Border Patrol illegal aliens from almost every country in the world. The illegals from the Middle Eastern countries were taken into custody in traffic stops. They were picked up in between our cities and the border by others of Middle East extraction and transported out. The Border Patrol check points are not manned 24-7 and it was not difficult to know when they were closed. When will enough be enough. Ca. now spends between 10 and 15 billion a year just on welfare benefits to illegal aliens, yet the Democrat legislature just reduced funding to the public schools and raised tuition to the State universities. We do not owe free housing, free health care and free food to the citizens of Mexico. We do not owe jobs to the citizens of Mexico that send billions back to Mexico. That is money that leaves our economy. The average illegal alien household pays $8000 in taxes and consumes $30,000 in government benefits. What I find totally asinine from the Mayors of San Francisco and Los Angeles and the other sanctuary cites like San Diego and Oceanside is that Ca. has the same law in the Ca. Penal Code that Arizona just passed. It orders Ca. Police Officers to enforce Federal immigration law. Ca. Penal Code section 834(B)

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/cacode/PEN/3/2/3/5/s83...

Source(s): 30 years in law enforcement on the Ca. Az. Mexico border.

Yes, I've seen documentaries about this. They go under a tunnel in Tijuana, and the U.S is none the wiser. We need much better surveillance on the border. Far enough, to scan tunnel exits. Satellites from space should be more than adequate to get the job done.

Yes.

I don't think the problem is illegal immigration. The problem is the lack of law enforcement, when it comes to enforcing the laws of the land to deport illegal immigrants. Maybe you should be asking questions, such as, are the law enforcement offficers overlooking illegals because they are taking bribes. Maybe they are employing the wrong type of people to round them up and deport them. Maybe you need to make harsher penalties for employers who are caught employing them. Maybe you need to change you immigration laws so they can be deported instantly. The word will soon get around and they will stop coming in illegally.

The FBI and DHS claims that as many as 150 suspected terrorists pass over the southern border into the United States every year. It could be more than 12 terrorists a month.

A 2006 congressional report on border threats, titled "A Line in the Sand: Confronting the Threat at the Southwest Border" and prepared by the House Committee on Homeland Security Subcommittee on Investigations, indicated that 1.2 million illegal aliens were apprehended in 2005 alone, and 165,000 of those were from countries other than Mexico. Approximately 650 were from "special interest countries," or nations the Border Patrol defines as "designated by the intelligence community as countries that could export individuals that could bring harm to our country in the way of terrorism."

WSB-TV 2 published a population breakdown from an Immigration and Customs Enforcement staging facility in Florence, Ariz., dated April 15, 2010, which includes detainees from as far away as Afghanistan, Armenia, Bosnia, Egypt, Ghana, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kenya, Morocco, Pakistan, Sudan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Botswana, Turkey and many other countries.

Based on U.S. Border Patrol statistics, there were 30,147 OTMs apprehended in fiscal year 2003; 44, 614 in fiscal year 2004; 165,178 in fiscal year 2005; and 108,025 in fiscal year 2006. Most were caught along the U.S. Southwest border.

According to the Department of Homeland Security's 2008 Yearbook of Immigration Studies, from the Office of Immigration Statistics, federal law enforcement agencies detained 791,568 deportable aliens in fiscal year 2008 – and 5,506 of them were from 14 "special-interest countries."

The State Department lists the following as "special-interest countries": Afghanistan, Algeria, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Somalia and Yemen.

The following "special-interest countries" are listed as sponsors of terror: Cuba, Sudan, Syria and Iran.

The aliens were apprehended "at the borders of the United States, in the interior of the country and at designated sites outside of the United States." The 2008 yearbook lists 791,568 deportable aliens by country.

Some include:

Afghanistan: 29

Algeria: 41

Cuba: 3,896

Iran: 98

Iraq: 118

Lebanon: 188

Libya: 11

Nigeria: 299

Pakistan: 494

Saudi Arabia: 71

Somalia: 66

Sudan: 46

Syria: 71

Yemen: 78

According to the Government Accountability Office, "The Border Patrol reported that in fiscal year 2008, checkpoints encountered 530 aliens from special-interest countries."