Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Environmental Colleges?

I'm interested in going to college for Environmental Sciences, like the Green movement and eco-friendly city designs and things of that nature. What colleges should I be looking at, or is there a specific name for what I want that would be easier to research than just "environmental science"?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Environmental Science" or, worse still, "Environmental Studies" has a bad reputation for being all about self-righteous tree-huggers who no company will hire after graduation.

Better you study something non-bogus such as Forestry or Bioprocess Engineering.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You want Environmental Management, not Environmental Science. It's more in-line with what you're describing, and has somewhat better career prospects.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.