What does it mean to be out of touch with reality?

My mom tells me i'm really out of touch with reality. I daydream all the time. I make up situations and people and tiny little details about things that never happened for hours and hours to the point where i forget what's real. I can completely recreate a situation in my mind and change wherever i am.... show more My mom tells me i'm really out of touch with reality.
I daydream all the time.
I make up situations and people and tiny little details about things that never happened for hours and hours to the point where i forget what's real.
I can completely recreate a situation in my mind and change wherever i am.
Like, i had to go to court and i made myself believe i was harry potter at his trial for underage use of magic in the fifth book? you know? i really believed it i saw everything different.
My mom says that's why I'm suffering from such depression, but i don't really see the connection. Is this whole not reality thing part of my depression? me trying to deny or ignore my depression? (that's what my mom thinks) or is it something else? cuz i think its something else..
what though?