why is it that tanning is accepted but skin bleaching is widely frowned upon?

Ive noticed that people tanning wanting to get darker is accepted but skin bleaching is frowned upon isn't it kind of the same people wanting to change there appearance to fit their standard of beauty.I do not have an opinion of skin bleaching so what do you guys think?

• doogy
    Favorite Answer

interesting.. i have no problem with either

i have seen pictures of people who turn orange

and people who have turned themselves into albinos

pretty funny.. what ever does it for you

Well I only tan in the sun which is natural I don't like chemicals or tanning beds or lotion. I frown upon skin bleaching because they put lots of chemicals it's just seems gross to me ( Not people who get bleaching done but the bleaching itself). I also don't like plastic surgery and junk like that :)

There really is no difference. It's all the same. Just cultural, that's all. Some Western societies value tanning to look healthy, hence the fake tanners. Many Eastern Asian cultures ( Indian, Chinese...) value fairness because it meant you were not a common laborer, a lower class, out in the sun all day. It meant a higher class status.

It's a crazy world we live in. We got a lot of double standards! I try to be open about it with skin bleaching, tanning tattoos and piercing.

Everything is okay as long as and this is the most important thing it makes that person FEEL good and it's not about fitting in or making some else happy. It is a you said their standard of beauty whether they want to be bronze angels or Betty Paige white it's what ever makes them feel complete! :)

Tanning is frowned upon is most places beside orange county.

Well either way its bad for you. Too much sun is bad for you, and the tanning beds arent good either.

Bleaching is bad too, because of the strong chemicals used in it.

• raul

1

You should read Laura Jefferson’s book "Skin Whitening At Home" ( I saw it's also available in electronic format +video: http://www.skinwhiteningathome.com ). After 8 weeks I managed to get my skin a few tones whiter and I also got rid of freckles.

The method she teaches in her book is natural, inexpensive, and is readily available in most homes. You could even find some ingredients in your own backyard. The most wonderful thing about the method she shares in her book is that it will help you whiten or lighten your skin pigmentations, freckles, age spots, acne marks, dark underarms, melasma, or your overall skin color easily and naturally without breaking your bank or producing dangerous side effects. Good Luck!