Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 10 years ago

Ramadan...Are there any Shia In Saudi Arabia?

Are they originally Saudis( From Saudi Arabia)? Minority or Majority? Facing any discrimination? Just wonder!

Jazzkullah in advance!!

Best Answer

Yes, there are Shia's in Saudi Arabia and do face being discriminated against and aren't often treated with the greatest of respect. Some are harrassed and beaten by Saudi Police. Books that insult Shia are published by government agencies and distributed every where in the country, including Saudi of course. The girls presidency does not allow establishing girls private schools in the Shia majority areas (Qateef, Saihat, Safwa) in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia.The Shia's in Saudi are definitely the minority, but they're still there. Often they are hiding their faith fearing the radicals.

Yes, there are Shias in Saudi arabia, but the amount is so little! From what i know, they are originally Saudi. Yeah, of course they face discrimination. They literally make up about 5% of the total population. Al-Qatif's residents are mainly Shia soo yep.

Source(s): I have Saudi blood somewhere along the lines....but im not shia!

Yes there are shias in Saudi, I know a couple. They are very discriminated in Saudi by the wahabis/salafis, so most of them either hide their faith or leave the country. That's why I find a lot of Shia Sauids in the West.

Shia Muslims have a very difficult time in Saudi - because of the wahabi/salafi bigots. Here is a true story of a Sunni Muslims describing the plight of his Shia Muslim brothers.

Also have a look at the article by Mai Yamani, daughter of Zaki Yamani, the former oil minister.

I'd like to see you talk about this 'love' and 'unity' when you and other Saudi 'Muslims' are talking about Iran. We all know how highly you wahabees think of them, just because of their beliefs. 8-)

yes there are in Qatif and Alhsa mostly.. but they are very discriminated..

ive got even a friend there too.. and i recall one of the incidents where some ppl stole his car and took away like 90% of its parts and then returned it after one week written on it "u deserved it you shiite !".. and the police did "absolutely" nothing about it :)

another one ofcourse "the most recent" in the Holy Baqee'.. where the police started harrasing the shia in one of their visits which caused a clash between them and resulted in capturing alot of their men and beating up so many "including women".. (but thats normal i guess cuz their police even beat up the sunna women in public if they only have a simple argument with them)!!

another one where one of the citizens stabbed the Shia scholar Jawad Alhadhari in his shoulder in public !! yelling "kill the rafedhi (rejectors)" ..

الا لعنة الله على القوم الظالمين

Source(s): im from Bahrain.. a neighbouring country..

I cannot go to Saudi Arabia unless I am extended an invitation. Salams.

I dont think so.....but I dont think Saudi consider themselves Ahl-Sunna either , they are mostly referred to as Ahle-Hadith/Wahhabi. :S

I dont know hwy people even get into that crap. We are all Muslims (with the possible exception of Shia, but who am I to judge) and the Shahadah is enough to unite us!

Source(s): just a load of mumbo jumbo

We are all Muslims and we all Humans.No need for all this matter of this and that and you ad me and him.We are all Humans.

There are, but in minority..

See now I gave a simple, 'nice', decent answer as well.. =P =D