E asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My Pug have an eye infection?

I have a 2 1/2 month old pug and since we got him he has whined and cried when we put him a his crate and area. We notice he gets these greenish eye booger things on the outside of his eyes and sometimes when he blinks they move inside. His eyes don't look red or swollen. Is it an eye infection and what can i put so he doesn't get as much.

Favorite Answer

Because of a pug's 'buggy' eyes, they can be a lot more susceptable to irritation than dogs with "normal" eyes. That adorable feature of theirs can be a downfall as they don't have as much protection from dust/dander/pollen/etc. as dogs with heavy brows, thicker lashes, and better protecting lids. As long as there is no redness, swelling, or excessive watering, I wouldn't get too concerned about it. A damp washcloth will wipe away the "goobies" as we refer to them. However, if the eye crud starts to look pussy that could be cause for an underlying problem. Give your vet a call, and he/she can tell you for sure. If you're really worried, schedule and appointment for your vet to give the puppy an exam. The vet may prescribe some antihistamines as we're going into summer. I personally like to hold off on that type of thing when it's minor like that so the animal (or kid! lol) can build their own immunities.

Source(s): Pug LUVER!!!
  • Jesse

Has the puppy been vetted yet?!!! Your puppy needs to see a vet now. Now. Call and make an appointment for shots, deworming, physical and get the eye taken care of.

This is why we have VETS.

Its highly likely she's going to need antibiotics to treat the eye infection. Rinsing it won't hurt anything, but isn't going to solve anything either really. The longer you let it go infected, the more damage it may do. I suggest you go ahead and call the vet.

Take it to a vet and see what he/she thinks.