Re: Iraq-Iran border...the 3 arrested American hikers...?

In the past couple of days there has been the scene of the mothers of the 3 American hikers arrested by the Iranians and accused of espionage when they supposedly strayed across the border. All along in this saga I have said to myself "Wait a minute!!" Is not the border fenced, and probably with guard... show more In the past couple of days there has been the scene of the mothers of the 3 American hikers arrested by the Iranians and accused of espionage when they supposedly strayed across the border. All along in this saga I have said to myself "Wait a minute!!" Is not the border fenced, and probably with guard towers? After all the area on both sides is Kurdish. The Kurds have occasionally done some violence in Iran as they have in Kurdish Turkey. It does not seem rational to me that the border would be unmarked." Is there a Yahoo Answerer out there who is familiar with the region where the 3 hikers were detained who can tell me about this?
Update: According to news reports the exact location of the 3 hikers when they were detained was at Ahmed Awa in the Khormel District. A Kurdish tribal chief claimed that in fact some Iranian soldiers crossed the border to take
the hikers but this has not been at all corroborated.