Hank
Lv 6
Hank asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

Re: Iraq-Iran border...the 3 arrested American hikers...?

In the past couple of days there has been the scene of the mothers of the 3 American hikers arrested by the Iranians and accused of espionage when they supposedly strayed across the border. All along in this saga I have said to myself "Wait a minute!!" Is not the border fenced, and probably with guard towers? After all the area on both sides is Kurdish. The Kurds have occasionally done some violence in Iran as they have in Kurdish Turkey. It does not seem rational to me that the border would be unmarked." Is there a Yahoo Answerer out there who is familiar with the region where the 3 hikers were detained who can tell me about this?

Update:

According to news reports the exact location of the 3 hikers when they were detained was at Ahmed Awa in the Khormel District. A Kurdish tribal chief claimed that in fact some Iranian soldiers crossed the border to take

the hikers but this has not been at all corroborated.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think you will find that it is not fenced and that the hikers are either

a. newsmen

b spys

c incredibly dumb..

Whatever they are, they will know better next time and stay home. I bet they haven't had a "big mac" since their stay in Iran's finest hotel. I see they forced the women to dress like someone out of the stone age just to see their kids.

P

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Only the crossing points are ever fenced. Never heard of the entire border being fenced ever, the great wall of China and Israel comes close. U.S. is next. They will be released for some exchange of prisoners that the U.S. is holding in Iraq. Iran says they strayed into the border.

• 3 years ago

for this reason maximum of different international places think of of people as "dumb". All by way of fact of people like those 3 idiots. next we are able to pay attention of a pair of people occurring a field holiday to pass to a North Korean nuclear plant. Our united states of america needs to awaken and stop being so naive and trusting with different international places. by way of fact they're all snakes basically waiting for the best time to strike.

• 10 years ago

They are innocent Jewish hikers to the galaxy and not Mossad agents. I hope they have not forged passports this time!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

I see they forced the women to dress like someone out of the stone age just to see their kids.

• 10 years ago

Pray has got it right They are incredibly dumb spies which. as all 3 are Jewish. points directly to Mossad, Israels not so secret service. Who in their right mind would even consider hiking in a war zone

• 10 years ago

Whatever the case may be they should have known better.I have no sympathy for them.

• 10 years ago

why they need to walk around a war zone any way stupid got what they wanted

• 10 years ago

There are no fences, or watchtowers.

The area is patrolled, and that is how they were apprehended.

• 10 years ago

There are no fences, or watchtowers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.