When is Ellen Pompeo leaving Greys Anatomy?

I thought someone said 8th season..so thats 2 more seasons with her...and wouldnt the show be ended if she left?

Best Answer

*lastsalifetime open your heart - It's called Seattle Grace Hospital (not Grey's) and it her mother worked there, but it was not her hospital.

Ellen Pompeo and Patrick Dempsey both have an eight season contract with Grey's Anatomy, so they have to stay for another two years. But Ellen Pompeo has said she probably won't renew her contract because by then she will have told all the stories she can as Meredith Grey. Shonda Rhimes said she will try and persuade her to stay for longer though.

So yeah, the show will be over I guess, but it will be eight seasons, which is pretty long.

Im gunna miss it sooo much!!

That is true. Seattle Grey's was her mothers hospital and yes Meridith GREY is the main character so I don't understand what they would do without her. The show has at least 3 more seasons. She should just stay until her contract is up.

• Erika

she leaves in season 8. So basically gray's is achieved then. yet look on the bright ingredient, we nevertheless have season 6 and seven and eight till at last it particularly is all accomplished. I only desire no one else leaves for the duration of that element.

yes. she is Dr. Grey and it is called Grey's anatomy. she is the main character. the show would die if she left.