Is the United States "a Christian land governed by Christian principles"?

Cynthia Dunbar, a republican member of the Texas State Board of Education, seems to think so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdhGK9aYjDY

Youtube thumbnail

Favorite Answer

It is a nation that is predominantly Christian that has been heavily influenced by Christianity.

I have to laugh at all the liberals crying foul over this Texas issue and teaching history with a conservative bent when they applaud it when San Francisco or other liberal school districts take a more liberal approach to history.

At least admit to your total hypocrisy people, lol.

edit

CC

oh please

the US was originally founded on economics and most major changes and revolutions thruout its history were based on economics

and where do you get this idea that Christians wouldnt want freedom of religion?

Are you really that narrowminded about Christianity and Christians?

The Government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian religion.

~ John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

• CC

She is mistaken.

The US was founded on the basis of freedom of religion. A Christian land governed by Christian principles would not tolerate the practice of other religions.

Source(s): An atheist perspective.

I wouldn't listen to anything a person from Texas says unless there home city was Austin. They need to stop screwing up history and trying to make the white conservative Christians the most important part of all of their history classes so as to alienate minorities and those who disagree with them.

If that is Christian ideals, as it appears to have become them if you were to talk to anyone in Texas, than no I do not think it is.

Also to those saying Christians would want freedom of religion, your book says to not tolerate anyone of a different faith.

not a christian land, most certainly christian principles

You've been touched by Imperfectionist

Lol, those dang Texans, what will they think of next?

Source(s): think? Bahaha, I crack myself up :P