ణexi - RETIRED asked in SportsTennis · 10 years ago

Are these crazy predictions I made for the French Open?

I entered my bracket for Tennis Channel and my Quarterfinals on look like this:::

Men --

(1)Roger Federer vs (5)Robin Soderling

(11)Mikhail Youzhny vs (25)Marcos Baghdatis

(9)David Ferrer vs (16) Juan Carlos Ferrero

(2)Rafael Nadal vs (12)Fernando Gonzalez

Semifinals --

(1)Roger Federer vs (11)Mikhail Youzhny

(2)Rafael Nadal vs (9)David Ferrer

Finals --

(2)Rafael Nadal def (1)Roger Federer

I put Gasquet to defeat Andy Murray the 1st round, which would help Baghdatis lol, and i gotta have faith in my favourite player

Women :::

Quarterfinals --

(1)Serena Williams vs (7)Sam Stosur

(4)Jelena Jankovic vs (9)Dinara Safina

(14)Flavia Pennetta vs (17)Francesca Schiavone

(15)Aravane Rezai vs (20)Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez

Semifinals :::

(7)Sam Stosur vs (9)Dinara Safina

(17)Francesca Schiavone vs (20)Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez

Finals :::

(7)Sam Stosur def (20)Maria Jose Martinez Sancez

So am i crazy or incredibly smart? lol

• Best Answer

Your men's draw isn't "as" crazy. I mean, you have the common sense to pick Nadal winning. I agree

with most of your picks, actually. I don't think Youzhny will go so far though. He won a tourney, if I'm not mistaken, but if your going to bring Baghdatis so far, take him to the semis, haha. But the quarter of the draw is the weakest..anything can happen..And having high expectations for your favorite player is not crazy. I have predicted James Blake to be in lots of Grand Slam semis. I hope that Richard Gasquet beats Murray, but it's doubtful. If he does indeed win, I think he'll ride the momentum train to the semis. Everything else seems to be okay, but I personally wouldn't pick Gonzo to go to the quarters (but as you know by the atp challenge, I'm not the best at predicting these things :)

Your women's draw is crazy, haha. I don't think Safina will even make it to the quarters. I can't count Sam Stosur out, she's had a great season, and I hope she beats Henin and Serena..But I personally don't think she'll win, but you could be right. She is unstoppable when she is hot (example, Charleston final against Zvonareva). Speaking of Vera, she and Ivanovic have a good shot of making it to the quarters with there week draw consisting of Radwanska as the highest seed (injured Dinara following). Your all Italian prediction is kind of crazy, but not really. A messed up Kuznetsova (who sucked last time when she had to defend a Grand Slam..she lost in the first round of the 05 US Open!) and an injured Wozniacki are the top seeds. Schiavone and Pennetta are really consistent, and natural clay courters, they could take advantage of this easy draw (but I hope Kuzy does :). I think Alexandra Dulgheru will make it through (call me crazy :). Your bottom quarter reflects this clay court season..Although I think Venus will make through, and win the French Open (which probably won't happen), if MJ and Rezai meet, I think Aravane would win..She has the support!

Overall, your pretty sane for the mens, and kinda crazy for the women. But stranger things have happened!

Robin Soderling didn't have a great clay season and has been inconsistent or injured. I think Cilic or Gulbis are more likely to come out of that section. I have no idea about Murray's quarter; I will be impressed by anyone who picks that correctly. I like Ferrer in his quarter because of Djokovic's illness. I see why you picked Gonzalez because Verdasco is less than 100% and playing in a final tomorrow. I like your men's picks overall. I don't know about Youzhny on clay, but like I said, anyone can be coming out of that section. I have just a few words to say about your women's picks: your predictions are wack, yo. Lol, if you get those right, you will look like a genius.

Edit: I will be ecstatic if Gasquet beats Murray. It kills two birds with one stone: Gasquet will keep his resurgence momentum going and mopey Murray will be out.

Your men's draw seems good, but the women's draw is wacked. No way will Stosur beat Henin; look at how stosur lost to Venus Williams (who sucks on clay) in straight sets. Plus Henin dismantled Stosur's game in Stuttgart. Stosur's advantage is that she's got a powerful serve, which Henin struggles against (like against Serena + Venus), but Stosur's serve isn't nearly as powerful as the Williamses and her twist serve is pretty ineffective since Henin has played her and gotten used to it. Look at how Henin dismantled Stosur in the 3rd set in Stuttgart, 6-1.

ATP: Novak Djokovic in 3 Gilles Simon in 4 Roger Federer in 3 Michael Llodra in 5 Feliciano Lopez in 4 John Isner in 4 Viktor Troicki in 5 Philipp Kohlschreiber in 4 Marcel Granollers in 4 Tomas Berdych in 3 Alexandr Dolgopolov in 3 Bernard Tomic in 4 Andreas Seppi in 5 Milos Raonic in 3 Tommy Haas in 4 WTA: Victoria Azarenka in 2 Na Li in 2 Dominika Cibulkova in 2 Marion Bartoli in 2 Jie Zheng in 3 Agnieszka Radwanska in 2 Jelena Jankovic in 2 Vera Zvonareva in 3 Mona Barthel in 3 Simona Halep in 3 Roberta Vinci in 3 Sabine Lisicki in 2 Nadia Petrova in 2 Vlavia Pennetta in 3 :)

50% smart 50% crazy

Lets see, Roger Vs Sod SMART

Youzhny vs Baghdatis INCREDIBLY CRAZY!! (I know you LOVE baghdatis, but i dont see him getting that far) (youzhny: maybe, but I'd say Tsonga better)

Ferrer vs Ferrero KIND OF SMART (ferrer: good pick) (ferrero: not that good, he doesnt play since rome ehre he got injured or something)

Nadal vs Gonzalez SUPER SMART AND SUPER CRAZY (nadal: an obvious pick) (gonzalez: he doesnt play since febraury, what is he, magically going to get to QFs lol, i'd say verdasco there)

Federer vs Youzhny (already told you bout youzhny, but either way roger is a good pick)

and the other semi and final are just excellent.

Now to the women:

Serena vs Stosur SMART even though I'd say Serena vs Henin

Jankovic vs Safina CRAZY at least about safina, she hasnt been in good form, she played like only 3 matches. I'd say Bepa instead of Safina

Pennetta vs Schiavone RISKY, id say li instead of flavia, and im not sure about Wozniacki, she hasnt been in good form, struggling with her injury so pennetta may get to Quarters

Rezai vs MJMS SMART but I'd say Venus vs MJMS. in spite of Rezai beating Venus at Madrid, I think she wont have the guts to take venus out at a slam. venus is playing too well. I'd say a tight three set match for venus

Stosur vs Safina A LITTLE CRAZY TOLD YA BOUT DINARA

Schiavone vs MJMS OH TOTALLY CRAZY schiavone?????????????????????

Stosur vs MJMS RISKY but who knows what's going to happen in WTA its SO hard to predict!!

Conclusion: You made some pretty risky picks, especially on the women's side, but its a prediction isnt it?? I always predict the best players and the highest stages and I'm always wrong, there're ALWAYS at least some surprises. So be happy with what you predicted, and i hope you do well :)

Source(s): Oh, visit my tennis blog: http://cantlivewithouttennis.blogspot.com/

Not so unbelievable and I wish we get this final; just as about anyone, I'd like every single Grand Slam final to end with the best game possible and nothing is better than a Federer-Nadal game.

I'd like to see Federer get it at the hands of Nadal in the last hit of the fifth set. Just for this one and to put the table for a revenge at London. I'd just like him to put little more weight behind those numbers; I just WANT to witness a page of history with him finaly getting a full-in-shape Nadal on his court just like Nadal did to him in 2008. I'm not mad thought; Nadal is more than a suitable opponent and probably the only one able to face a focused Federer... Del Potro needed five set and Federer's worst service game of the year to finally get his name on the trophy; Nadal can be quite more dangerous than this.

I shall clap my hands at the Spaniard for being such a formidable opponent, for being Federer's only true rival and for being - and it is well deserve - one of the best player to have showed up on the tour.

I wish your predictions come true in the women's side.

I ***** knew Stosur was gonna draw henin. I was watching the names pop up on the live draw and when i saw the seed up against Stosur, I knew Henin's name was gonna pop up. FUKKKKK!!!

haha but i really hope she beats Henin because after that, she will have a great shot at winning