• Favorite Answer

I absolutely love this name. It's a classic, strong, handsome name. I have liked it a very long time. It's my God-father (my uncle) 's name. I love him to death!

I want to use Richard as a first name still, and am considering putting it back onto my serious first name list. It does have some nicknames that aren't really accepted anymore. Sadly, I LOVE the nickname Dickie. I think it's handsome, which people don't understand. I'm pretty old-fashioned at heart though, so I still find it attractive.

EDIT: Dick & Dickie aren't the only nicknames, either. I know of a guy named Dickie who is my age (I'm not old!) & he doesn't get slack for his name (& no he isn't famous). Other nickname ideas are: Rich, Richie/Richy, Rick, Ricky/Rickie, Charlie, Chad... there's lots of "accepted" names for nicknames here.

=)

Once had a good friend named Richard so the name is very special to me.

• I'm not a fan of it. I just can't see a little kid with the name "Richard."

although i like the name, everyone knows what the nickname for Richard is. if you're naming your baby that, just keep in mind that kids will probably tease him for that when they get old enough.

• *

I think the name is okay- it is my brothers middle name- but a lot of people can tease with 'Dick'. I love the nickname Richie though.

• Gag Me

Its an okay name but the usual nickname is Dick and I hate that.

Yuck I cannot stand that name & I don't understand what anyone sees in it. Even if you put aside the fact that it's now synonymous with "penis" (which is bad enough in itself), the name just sounds gross to me.

i used to know a kid in elementary school and he hated his name for some reason but i loved it so i called him it instead of what he perfered to go by which was teal. i think its the cutest name though and you can call him Richie

In my opinion I think that it is a good name for a boy.

Not a big fan of it personally. Nicknames are what, Rich, Rick, or Dick?