What is a state municipal bond fund? How does it work? And who is qualified to participate?

I am married with a little baby and looking for other ways to save besides what my husbands job offers.. I heard about this somewhere in life and now am wondering what exactly it is and how it works.
Update: Well, we have a mutual fund. But it is actually called a State Municipal Bond fund.. and apparently it is a way of investing like a regular bond you purchase at the bank but there are certain stipulations on it.. I am really confused what it is and unfortunately when I look it up I have to have Adobe to read it..... show more Well, we have a mutual fund. But it is actually called a State Municipal Bond fund.. and apparently it is a way of investing like a regular bond you purchase at the bank but there are certain stipulations on it.. I am really confused what it is and unfortunately when I look it up I have to have Adobe to read it.. their is an actual website about it but I don't have the proper reader on my computer to view it.
1 answer 1