promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

what to wear for an interview at Ann Taylor?

i looked online at the types of clothes they sell, but i don't really have much that fits that style. most of my nice clothes are winter clothes because the last time i was working it was in the winter. now it's 90 degrees. what types of clothes should i wear? are jeans with a nice top ok? or should i stick with slacks?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Assuming you are applying for a job "on the floor" (selling, in front of customers) absolutely do NOT wear jeans. Even if you are applying for a stock room job, and would be allowed to wear jeans on the job, it's generally best to over-dress for the interview.

The very best thing you could wear to an Ann Taylor interview would be, of course, Ann Taylor. If you have time, perhaps you could check some of the nicer thrift stores to see what they have that would suit (no pun intended) you. Slacks and a dressy top, at minimum; perhaps a sleeveless dress - if you wear that style well - with a cardigan or suit jacket, or a skirt and top. And yes, it's 90 degrees, but remember the store is inside the mall and will be air conditioned. Another way to plan your choice of attire - look at what the salespeople in the store are wearing, and one-up them just a bit, if you can.

Ann Taylor caters to professional women and sells fairly high-end gear, and in this instance it's probably even more important that usual that you "dress the part". Be tasteful and conservative. You wouldn't want them not to notice your sterling qualities as a potential employee because they were distracted by inappropriate attire, or pass you over for the next, slightly better-dressed, applicant because you came in jeans.

Best of luck!

Source(s): 20 years in retail!
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 years ago

Ann Taylor Interview

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

what to wear for an interview at Ann Taylor?

i looked online at the types of clothes they sell, but i don't really have much that fits that style. most of my nice clothes are winter clothes because the last time i was working it was in the winter. now it's 90 degrees. what types of clothes should i wear? are jeans with a nice top ok?...

Source(s): wear interview ann taylor: https://shortly.im/jhR4I
  • Susan
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

sounds really cute! you should try gold wedges as your choice of sandals! those are always a safe choice and you can wear them a lot since they are really in this season! They would look really nice with the flare white pants! This outfit seems very ann taylor-ish (: oh and for your hair i would suggest flowy not pin straight, but natural looking and for your makeup a natural eye that compliments your eye color! hope this helps! xoxo -kells

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As long as your clothes look proper and classy, you want to make a good impression. If you dont wear a skirt, jeans and a nice top with a blazer would be fine.

• 1 decade ago

I would wear slacks and a nice top that isnt revealing (as you know). better to be on the safe side.

I think it is more appropriate for that store. have you seen how they work? from the few times I have been in there, they wear slacks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.