Wander
Lv 4
Wander asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

What are some good upper teen or young adult book series?

I like reading but i have ran out of books i wanted to read from my library and i am too lazy to look throuugh all the books and find something interesting. I used to read mostly suspense and thrillers like stuff by Stephen king, Dean Koontz and their kind, but recently i have been getting more into teen+ fantasy/adventure books. I really loved the Percy Jackson series but i want something that's a little bit more mature, but still with a decent sense of humor and an interesting plot. I'm about to give the Harry potter series a try. So please recommend me some good book series like Percy Jackson and Harry potter. I'm not concerned about book length, as long as they're at least almost 350 or more pages each and i want a series with at least 3 books, but not some crazy number like 20.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

House of Night is good. Though its getting a bit long, and is vampire related, but really good. Also if you're interested in the sort of mage - esque fantasy, the Circle of Magic series, is really good, as are any books by that author. I'm assuming you've already read Twilight and that set? Also the Eragon series is really good, though its a dragon rider like series. Also as far as fantasy, the Nicholas Flammel series is really neat. Though its not finished yet. The Moral Instruments series is also a neat series ( city of .. ) books. There are many more series as well, but these a all great ones!

Source(s): personal experiance!
    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

The Hunger Games

His Dark Materials

• 10 years ago

TED DEKKER!!! this is a little blurb about him:

New York Times best-selling author of more than twenty novels. He is best known for stories which could be broadly described as suspense thrillers with major twists and unforgettable characters, though he has also made a name for himself among fantasy fans.

Source(s): teddekker.com
  • Nina
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

i love "the hunger games" by suzanne collins, it's my all-time favorite book. and i swear i'm not lying when i say it kept me up till 6 am!

check out the awesome reviews this book has gotten at http://www.suzannecollinsbooks.com/

and it's gonna turn into a movie next year! yay!

hope this helped!

~nina

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.