HELP!!! Creating alphabet book for daughter (( 3 year old )))?

am making my daughter her own book to help her with the alphabet, and with this I am using disney characters/or sorts to help her

for example,

A- wood be for Alex the lion in madagascar

B- wood be for Bambi

E- Eeyore

however, of course there are certain letters that I am drawing a blank on.

like these,

i

V

X

Y

... ..

PLEASE HELP..

ANY CHARACTER WOULD HELP, BECAUSE SHE HAS A COLLECTION OF BASICALLY ALL THE DISNEY MOVIES, I AM JUST RUNNING SHORT ON TIME, THEREFORE stressing and drawing a blank.

also, i thought it would be easier this way, she knows the characters names, So, i am using there names to put them to page.

but,

for example,

on the letter (( M )) I am using Marty.. the zebra in madagascar.

But then she also knows he is a zebra, for Z..

so would this confuse her??

im not sure im doing this right.

need opinions please.

thanks.

Favorite Answer

I could be for Iridessa from Disney Fairies.

V could be for Violet from the Incredibles or Vixie from the Fox and the Hound.

X could be for xylophone. Here's a picture of a Disney xylophone that you could use:

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!BTn0E4Q!2k~$(KGrHgoOKj4Ej...

Y could be for Yzma from Emperor's New Groove/School, or Yao from Mulan, or Yar from Dinosaur, or Yen Sid from Fantasia.

Yes, I do think it could be confusing for a child of that age to see two pictures of the same thing for different letters.

If you're going with names, then you could use M for Marty, and then for Z you could use Zazu from the Lion King, or Zeus from Hercules, or something like that.

Or if you'd prefer to use zebra and substitute the M, then you could go with Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Mad Hatter or March Hare from Alice in Wonderland, Maid Marian from Robin Hood (there's a Disney one with animals), Madam Mim or Merlin from the Sword in the Stone, Magic Carpet from Aladdin, Mirror Mirror on the Wall from Snow White, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty, Malina from the Emperor's New School, Manny from A Bug's Life, Manny or Mr. Lopart from Handy Manny, Marlin from Finding Nemo, Mater from Cars, Maurice from Beauty and the Beast, Max from Goof Troop, Max the dog from The Little Mermaid (or you could have Mermaid for M and use a picture of Ariel), Meeko from Pocohontas, Melvin from Chicken Little, Mike Wazowski from Monsters Inc (or just go with Monsters Inc), Morgana from The Little Mermaid II, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head from Toy Story II, Mr Incredible, or any number of others (I don't know all the Disney stories).

I hope I could help. Let me know if there are any other letters you are stuck on. You could also try figuring out which shows or movies are her favorites and use characters from there. My kids love Handy Manny and Imagination Movers...so they'd love Manny, Stretch, Squeeze, Rusty, Turner, Phillipe, Flickr, Dusty, Mr. Lopart, or any of the characters on Handy Manny...or Scott, Rich, Dave, Smitty, Werehouse Mouse, Nina, Knit Knots (although that isn't a good suggestion for a 3-year-old because it's confusing since the K is silent).

Good luck with the book, and that's a great idea! I'm sure she will love it!

• Lynx

It's not Disney but is a cartoon I for Igor ( a newer movie my 3 year old's love), V for Vanessa off of Hercules, I don't know about X unless one of the Incredibles has an X name. Can't help you on Y either.

Ichabod Crane - sleepy hollow

Violet - The Incredibles

XR - Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

Yzma - The Emperor's New Groove

Aww this is such a cute idea!

For M, you could always use Mickey or Minnie Mouse (seeing as mouse also starts with M)

I don't really know any for the letters you suggested that your daughter would know, but perhaps if you know people beginning with those letters you could put a pic of them (ie. family, good friends!)

Good luck!

as long as you are using their names for the letter and not the type of animal im sure she get it. instead of saying Marty the Zebra just say "hey look its Marty!"

It might be easier if you used the characters not by their names but the kind of animal they are.

I'm not possitive you should do it this way just because it'll be too hard for you to do. maybe just

"A," you're adorable, "B," you're so beautiful,

"C," you're a cutie full of charms.

"D," you're a darling and "E," you're exciting

And "F," you're a feather in my arms.

"G," you look good to me, "H," you're so heavenly,

"I," you're the one I idolize.

"J," we're like Jack and Jill, "K," you're so kissable,

"L," is the lovelight in your eyes.

"M," "N," "O," "P," I could go on all day.

"Q," "R," "S," "T," alphabetically speaking, you're OK.

U," made my life complete, "V," means you're very sweet,

Double-"U" "X" "Y" "Zee."

It's fun to wander through the alphabet with you

To tell you what you mean to me.

(repeat the chorus)