Kat*

When did you last feel appreciated for your contributions on Y!A?

From: Eva

Subject: thank you..

Message: Dear Kat,

I have been making use of many of your answers on various issues. I just got a yahoo account and wanted to thank you for all your contributions in yahoo answers.

Best regards,

Eva

P.S: There is also another great site called agasor.com, where members become shareholder for their contributions. With your knowledge, you can probably make a lot of money there.

I think she was really being sincere. And while I am, of course, aware that my extensive knowledge in areas such as sarcasm, Harry Potter and how to be awesome are crucial to the well being of this site and its users, I'm still touched by gestures such as these.

... okay, seriously though, troll or troll? Has anyone else gotten this email? I googled agasor and nothing even came up.

• Gerry
    Favorite Answer

Kat,

good question. I feel I contribute to homework for some and general knowledge for others. It sort of makes me "feel good" when I think that I am contributing and this is the one reason I come back here and answer questions most normally in the "history" section and sometimes "military" arena; other times I will go to "books and authors". The fun stuff for me comes from other contacts and from those people like you and Carlos ~ this is about the only time I will enter the arena of P/S. Your questions and answers are a fun outlet and I get a sense of the modern day arts from you both. I also find the both of you to be interesting people ~ just my take on this is all. I appreciate your contribution as well.

I don't do facebook or many of the other sites because I simply don't want to put that much "out there" and am amazed that people who enjoy their privacy will be so willing for the world to see EVERYTHING about them. I have also seen people in my profession get into trouble with accounts on facebook and others. This is my choice.

As for the email you received if it were me? I would mark it as "spam" - people I don't know I simply don't answer the email. Again, my choice but be careful...as you know there are alot of "idiots" on the web.

All the best....stay safe,

Gerry D.

• Mod

Its a real site and I went right away to their home page. You earn points for numerous actions like signing on X number of times, ratings by other users, etc.. The "shareholder" members are eligible for a payment. Unlike, Y/A that has no real type of compensation for points accumulated. Which, (IMO) is pointless. (pun intended).

Personally, the only scenarios regarding feeling appreciated by people that I've met on Yahoo were the opportunities given to me by them to visit their country, and stay with them as a guest. It was always an enjoyable time spent together, and we developed wonderful friendships throughout the years.

I got an almost identical. The name they used was different and the P.S. was worded a little differently. This is just spam for the site they mention.

Way to make me feel sad, Kat. =(

Maude hasn't been honored with any such message.

i do no longer think of you're able to flirt by using conversing grimy to her, maximum women i comprehend like it whilst men flirt by using identifying on on them and then giving them compliments on the comparable time. yet yea if she comes to a decision to choose for the guy in simple terms searching for some action then it particularly is her undesirable and you're able to easily enable her bypass

• John

A penny for your thought ......

No haven't been honored yet with that SPAM .....

Your SPECIAL ... and worth every penny ... I'm sure.

• ©

lol...not lucky enough to get that..im boring..ha...

i think i felt it when i added you as a contact

every day hon