What would be the "Islamic" thing to do?

Alright. I'm a 22 year old male studying at a University. I'm a Muslim, and have been practically raised in the United States all my life. I'm currently reading this book called "The Game, by Neil Strauss."

Link: http://books.google.com/books?id=ibpvw3wALXcC&prin...

Now the things that they talk about in the book are very sexualized. I'm the kind of guy that wants to improve myself by being more spiritual, and more social. Every year I think about the girls I've dated, and now I'm starting to become less and less successful at girls. So I decided to pick up this book and read it. While reading, I realized that the path the book is sending me down is "unislamic", and I should probably stop reading.

While on the other hand, I feel like I need to do something about my situation. I have friends who have girl friends, and there are people that tell me that in college, I should have the time of my life (girls). I am caught in between. On the one hand, I do want to have a memorable college experience, but I'm also concerned about "doing the right think" and being a good Muslim.

What should I do? Serious answers only, please.

"Look into Eastern Religions', I'm an Asian Indian by descent. I have read the Bhagavad Gita and am very familiar with Gautam Buddha and Buddhist principles.

Torg "In the Hadith it said that the Prophet said that those who cannot financially afford to get married, should fast. I read that part. I'm 22 and not financially able to support a marriage yet.

And in the Hadith it says to fast. But I just can't do that either for different reasons.

Favorite Answer

Bismillah.

Assalaamu alaykum Brother...

My advice for you would be to stop reading that book... if it does indeed contain "sexual" content. Also.... very important... if you didn't know, dating in ISLAM is "forbidden". Therefore if you are attempting to live your life according to ISLAM, I would "ignore" people who are pursuading you in the wrong direction (especially with regards to girls). You have to remember that this life isn't meant to last... it's Jannah (Paradise) that should be our goal. I can understand you wanting to have a "memorable college exprience"... but at what cost?? Deliberately going against what ALLAAH (subhanahu wa ta'ala) has forbidden us?? This will not make life easier for you Brother... it will only cause you to struggle more.

Trust me when I say I can COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND it being difficult going from "not" practicing, to "practicing". The first 30 years of my life I was Roman Catholic. 6 years ago I embraced ISLAM and started learing everything from scratch! My husband also converted (4 months before me)... and he too found things difficult at first. But you have to want it in your heart... and sincerely ask ALLAAH to make things easier for you. You have to want it tho. Being a good Muslim means being an "OBEDIENT" Muslim. Just make the sincere intention in your heart to TRY and insha'ALLLAAH, everything will be ok.

I would also suggest you befriend "practicing" brothers... and that you try and distance yourself from those doing haraam. And most importantly.... make sure NOT to miss any of your prayers (taking the opportunity to ask ALLAAH to help you during every one).

And ALLAAH (subhanahu wa ta'ala) knows best.

May ALLAAH continue to guide you and protect you and keep you steadfast in adhering to the path of Truth and goodness. Aameen.

Your Sister In ISLAM...

Wa'assalaamu alaykum.

• Ray~

Salam brother,

You're Muslim and you believe in Allah, and in paradise and hell. Now this life is short and it ends for a reason. Heaven and hell, on the other hand, they're the eternal lives that we get. Imagine that, a life that goes on and on and on....Allah says in the Quran that these will be our eternal homes, and our actions during this fast moving and short-ending life will determine which of the two eternal homes we will end up in. So even if all your Muslim friends are choosing to date and indulge in sins with women, saying to live up your life, try to be the bigger man and do what pleases Allah rather than what pleases your friends. I've been raised almost my whole life in Canada, so I know how you feel and i know peer pressure doesnt end in high school! Really the best book of guidance is the Quran, imagine Allah guiding you instead of a human guiding you in an unislamic way (its like satan is guiding you in this book lol).

Keep in mind that friends, family, and wealth will not be with us in our graves for help. Only our good deeds will be there to keep us company. The way i like to think now when i really want something in this life is "if i cant get it here, i can get it in Paradise inshallah" and just move on and this raises my faith. And just imagine how much better it would be getting the same thing in Paradise :)

Remember that for everything good you do for the sake of Allah, He will give you something even greater in return.

Source(s): May Allah guide us gather us all in Jannat Al-Firdous~
  • mattei

tought call between van and the stones. i in my view love the stones whilst the are doing their individuals-u . s . a .-acoustic blues style stuff, they are rather at their terrific for me in songs like this one. on the different hand, candy issue is only astounding, yet i only approximately cant take it out of the context of astral weeks, which demands to be listened to as an album. all the comparable i'm asserting "candy issue" with the help of a hair. BQ:candy like a honey bee- wilmoth houdini candy little rock and curler- chuck berry candy jane- the velvet underground candy blindness- laura nyro candy abode chicago- robert johnson candy sixteen- massive joe turner

Make sure you do your 5 times salat on time consistently. Everything will fall into order.

Having girl friends in your context is unavoidable. But dont get physical. You will regret it no matter in which religion you are in , even if you are an atheist.

The Islamic thing to do is to have your family arrange a marriage for you.

Torg

Just follow your own heart. No book, religious or not, decides in your place.

Also, do not tell you dated girls, the people at the ramadan section would be angry. To them it is a sin.

the islamic thing SHOULD be to drop that religion and worship Jesus alone so you can be saved