Advice about the yoga diet?

I've recently started taking yoga and I really enjoy it. I figure it's something I can really get into so I decided to research a few things including the yoga diet. I have no objections the sattvic foods (love my fruits and veggies and tofu, too!). However, I do have my vices:( Recently taken to grilled... show more I've recently started taking yoga and I really enjoy it. I figure it's something I can really get into so I decided to research a few things including the yoga diet. I have no objections the sattvic foods (love my fruits and veggies and tofu, too!). However, I do have my vices:( Recently taken to grilled chicken, love my steak (medium to medium-rare), and I smoke. I know cutting these items from my diet is better for me (not just spiritually, but health-wise as well) and maybe one day I'll be able to come to terms with losing those items from my diet, but I don't see that anytime soon. I'm willing to make better diet decisions (less meat-- I've always joked that if it wasn't for steak I could be a vegetarian) and I'm sure with more practice I'll be able to cut back/quit smoking. I suppose my question is: will anyone judge me harshly/not take me seriously if I don't attack it head on or is my attitude typical? Also, if anyone would be willing to offer advice for a beginner/give me a crash course in yoga, it would be much appreciated:)
1 answer 1