Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

How come all the people preaching "spread the wealth" are either...?

on welfare, don't live in America or are extremely wealthy?

especially the last one, all these rich liberal types like Soros, Gore, SEIU prez, the Hollywood celebrities like Scarlet Johanson and Megan Fox and Charlize Theron and Seth McFarlan, and Obama and his radical political organizations keep saying "spread the wealth", "new world economy" and "redistribution" but they have amassed huge amounts of personal wealth.

Shouldn't these people who are preaching "there's a point where you have enough money" and "this isn't the time to be making profits" be pointing the finger at themselves and the people like them instead of pulling a "do as I say, not as I do" scam on everyone?

Don't you find these people to be sort of hypocritical? Even when Obama donated like a hundred thousand dollars to some black scholarship program, that's still only like 5% of what he made. Don't you think they should be spreadin' THEIR wealth around first if they really believe this in socialistic mumbo-jumbo?

@JetsUnderPats - only an idiot would respond that I'm generalizing when I gave SEVERAL specific examples of people who have openly showed support for socialist politics.

@RushHatesUs - stop trying to make the argument that Jesus was a socialist, because he did NOT go around saying that the government should take care of the people, he said that each man should find it in his heart to help his fellow man. It is NOT the same thing, go educate yourself.

@Eddi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-N_DPNve44

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fas_ttiPohw

Youtube thumbnail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPbCSSXyp0

Youtube thumbnail

I like to use videos, they're more kid-friendly. There are tons more, but you get the idea.

Favorite Answer

I guess I don't need to explain why the "poor" want you to spread your wealth around, but explaining the reasom people like Soros want you to spread your wealth around takes a little explaining.

It is all about greed or Elitist attitudes. It is all about POWER.

We all know Power Corrupts. WE all know those who are corrupt gravitate to where the Power is.

Money is Power.

To the degree someone controls money they control Power.

The Corrupt love Communism because it is a cashless society.

WHAT? Why would a cashless society be better?

From the viewpoint of those who understand POWER, it gives them ALL of the power. To the degree that you have money of you own, YOU have Power.

The Elitist Despot and Communist wants you to have NO power so he wants you to have NO money. To accomplish that, he simply eliminates all money and grants himself the ability to tell you what you can do, where you can live, where you can go, what education you can have, etc.

If he doesn't like your protests, you get your rations cut, again and again, until you learn to behave. If you please him, you get rewarded. What you Never get is the Power to make your own choices.

Soros and friends want the Power to dictate what you can do with your money and who should share in your wealth.

As long as He is one of the Elitists that call all the shots and he has his Power, he would be peerfectly happy to do without money. He can just take for himself that mansion on the hill and make sure YOU can't sully his doorstep.

When it comes to giving up the money? You go first!

Oops, I think I just explained the marvelous wonders of Communism.

Suddenly ???? He only gave 250 dollars to charity the year he was elected...and this year he has donated 1 million but ONLY AFTER BEING TOLD NOBEL PEACE PRIZE WINNERS DO NOT KEEP THE MONEY! He was going to give it to his daughters education fund...but was told...uh.....people donate that money! He never spreads HIS WEALTH..that is true. He is a hypocrite. He made the statement that there comes a time when you make too much money and you should donate the rest of what you make. YEAH...when is too much..he has MILLIONS!

The wealthy have been getting all our money for a long time. I am not for spreading the wealth, but I do believe the chains need to be loosened on us average Americans. I believe that it should be far easier than it currently is for someone to start their own business.

I'm not on welfare, I live in America, I am not extremely wealthy, and I say we need to spread the wealth. However, since I'm just an average American, I get no special media attention.

The reason they are not pointing fingers at themselves is because we need to keep attention focused on the worst abusers of capitalism so they don't get away with continuing to do what they do, like they have been, mostly thanks to conservatives turning a blind eye to what they do.

I wonder if Charlize Theron will ever reimburse me for the medical bills on the knee I banged up working on The Burning Plain... which workman's comp never bothered to cover...

Don't forget Jesus. He tells that story about loaves and fishes.

He's not any of those types. Well, maybe you could say he doesn't live in America but I like to think He hasn't given up on us, yet.

El T, Worker's comp is insurance for your employer. If you weren't compensated, take your grievance to court.

• Steve

Actually, every time I hear "spread the wealth" it's being said by a republican as a scare tactic. Just like right now, hmmmm.

Thumbs down? Truth hurts, right?

if a person wants to 'spread the wealth,'its fine with me.

If they don't, that's fine also.

and none of them are out on the street sleeping with the homeless

I am none of those, huh - I guess generalizing people really is a logical fallacy.