Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 10 years ago

My son doesn't want me to take him to a strip club for his 18th birthday; what's wrong with him?

I've never understood my son. He just is so completely the opposite of me, it is hard for me to fathom. By the time I was 15 I was 6' 2" and bearded, hairy-chested, cussing, buying beer because I looked older, buying porn because I looked older, rough-housing it on the football field, and chasing every easy piece in sight. My son, 18 this weekend, is only 5' 8", slight, doesn't appear to have any facial hair at all, hates sports, and has shown absolutely no interest in girls. I asked him if he wanted my old porn mags to look at and he SAID NO! Can you believe it?! I don't know what's wrong with him.

I had a brief glimmer of hope when, last week, he came up to me, and stood there for a long time, not saying anything. He seemed nervous, and was staring at my beer, so I thought, "Okay, he wants a beer. FINALLY, something normal!" I thought he was just too shy to say it, so I said, "Son, your mother and sisters aren't home, so if you want a beer go and get one." He looked startled, and said, "No....I was just going to ask that if the can was empty, could I have it. I am saving cans to recycle so I can have money to get that new Dungeons & Dragons book...." Man! What a way to hurt a father! If there's one thing I know, that Dungeons & Diaphragms stuff is guaranteed girl repellent!

The worst of all is that I told him for his birthday I'd like to take him to his first strip club, a man's night out with his dad and the guys I work with down at the tattoo parlor. He got all embarrassed and said he'd rather just go out to eat somewhere. I said we could go eat before hitting the club, that was fine, but he said no, he'd rather go and eat and then maybe go to the movies to see "Twilight". Holy crap! He's already seen the damn thing four times! I am NOT going to see some fruity movie like that! My wife says to lay off of him, that she doesn't want him growing up to be a pervert like me, but what do women know about raising sons?

I'm at a loss here. This kid has been such a disappointment to me. Hell, I can't even talk him through his first shave, because there isn't anything there! What in the world happened?! What is wrong with my son, and how can I get him to at least have normal interests? I'm so disgusted; right now he's in his room, writing "poetry." I think I'm going to go nuts. Instead of having a son, I feel like this kid is my oldest daughter.

Favorite Answer

Who doesn't want to watch porn with his 40 year old dad? What a f@g!

• Kelly

He could be gay. Or maybe he's just not into those things. He can't control how tall he grows or when he starts getting facial hair. But just because he doesn't want to go to strip clubs and drink beer and look at porn with you doesn't mean there's something wrong with him. Believe it or not, some guys just genuinely aren't into that. Does he have a girlfriend? If so, he probably feels as though looking at porn or going to a strip club would be unfaithful of him. And he's 18, he's not at the legal drinking age yet. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to break the law and be a pervert. If you think this is a disappointment, you need to get your priorities straightened out. Your son sounds like a good kid, and you don't sound like much of a father. He's a disappointment because he doesn't want to drink beer or look at naked girls? And "what do women know about raising sons?" To me it sounds like you're the one who doesn't know anything about raising a kid. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your son. Grow up and get over it.

Man, get a life! You should love your son just the way he is. If he doesn't want to be a complete scum bag and go degrade women at a strip club, then you should respect his preference. Listen to your wife. Being a man has nothing to do with drinking beer and watching porn. There are all kinds of men out there and you should let your son grow up into the man he WANTS to be and not the man YOU are.

Besides, how many sons think of a strip club with dad as fun anyway? You're his DAD.

What kind of father are you? I don't question that because you want your son to drink beer or take him to a strip club, but you say your disgusted and disappointed of him. He's your son for Christs sake!!! So what if he doesn't like sports or beer, that doesn't mean you should be ashamed of him. He probably grew up scared of all the pressure you put on him to be just like you and do everything just as you did, well he's not you! He has his own personality so let him be himself, and once again he's your son. How dare you talk so poorly of him. You should be ashamed of yourself. Oh and so what if the kid wants to save up for a book, you should be proud that he wants to read rather then stare at porn all day, he wants to make something of himself, what kind of father wouldn't be proud of that. Frankly i'm disgusted by you, once again you should be very ashamed of yourself. I hope this makes you think twice about how you feel about your son and the way you talk about him.

My heart absolutely goes out to you luv. You're obviously a man who loves his children yet this one doesn't even seem to care that he's ruining your life. I'm sorry to say this to you, but have you considered putting him up for adoption? I mean, do you really want to spend the rest of your life being disappointed and disgusted by this kid?

I know that when my daughter, Charlene Brittany, turned 14 and wasn't pregnant I felt like a failure. "What had I done wrong?" "Should I have breast fed her rather than put her on the bottle" (OK it was full of beer but who could stand all that crying!), "Did dropping her head first during that bank job cause permanent brain damage?." But then when she was 15 she found herself pregnant with twins and things started to look up. Now she's getting welfare and child support! And as I cuddle these little bundles of joy I take a nice, long drag on my smoke, finish off a 6 pack and think, parenting is the hardest job in the world.

Good luck with him luv........I've just had a thought. Have you had a good, hard look at your postman? Just sayin'.

I don't think your son is gay I think he is really shy. I wouldn't say D&D is a girl repellent, I'm a professional model and my hubby to be is into D&D and poetry. He might just be more of a sensitive guy, and your more of a macho man (no offense intended) thats why you two don't mesh so well. Instead of forcing your son into these things take some time to talk to him or possibly try out what he likes to do. I would listen to your wife and not be so hard on him. Maybe if you talk to him more and learn to understand him then maybe you wouldn't be so frustrated.

Source(s): Wisdom

okay seriously there is nothing wrong with your son and your wife is right.

if he wants to do all that stuff then let him come to you in his own time.

he is still young and still growing so wait awhile and he will come around but dont put pressure on him.

also not everyone drinks and it wud b really awkward and strange going to a strip club wif your dad.

not everyone is like you, everyone is unique and different.

btw twilight is not a fruity movie it is awesome.

everyone has their preferences and he has his lay off or he will never talk to you about that stuff.

if you really want to get to him ask him if he has seen any pretty girls and generally talk about school and friends and then he will open up to you and trust you more but atm you are being really controlling and forward.

Source(s): mee

i didnt read all of it because it is extremely long but u skimmed, he is your son there is no reason why you should be disappointed in him, just because he didnt turn out like you he is happy and does things that he wants to do why cant u be happy for him. and the reason for wy he prolly doesnt wan tto go to a strip club is probably because he has more respect for women than to go look at them downing thereselves on front of a bunch of men they dont even know. sorry but i think that if your son has a heart like he does like writing poetry and doing things that he loves to do, that you should accept your son for who he is and not be disappointed at the fact that he didn't turn out the way you wanted. and you didnt say ne thing about having another child so if he is your only child you need to embrace that, he could die tomoro, and you would prolly feel bad for saying the things that you have said there is nothing wrong with your son he has a free spirit and more respect for women than most people do.

seriously u sound disgusting. ur married and wanting to take ur son to a strip club? personally i think ur son has more class and brains then you will ever have in ur life. i would love to know more guys that sound like shy dorks like him. porn and strip clubs are a huge reason for divorce and for disrespect of women..which you obviously practice all the time. as for twilight, i think its hot that he wanted to see that and more guys should be into it. women know a hell of a lot more about raising a son than u do because u r the farthest thing from a gentleman as ive ever seen. if u think degrading women and drinking is normal then r a disgusting pig that should never try to teach your son anything. i feel incredibly sorry for your wife too who has to put up with your cheating on her with your stupid porn magazines. another thing..writing poetry takes brains and skill but you wouldnt know about that. your son is already 10 times the man you will ever be. props to him.

Watch some football, dance around in your boxers like a maniac, drink a couple of beers, watch some porn, masturbate, and go to sleep.

You'll forget all about your son by then. Heh. Maybe through a drunken scope of reality he may begin to suddenly look like your favorite teddy bear x2. Then he'll be getting drunk with you, dancing like a maniac, and watching football too...

No wait... that's your wife, and your daughter.

Source(s): Jokes man, I promise. You know. Sometimes I don't know when you're joking around...
  • What. a. pig.

What more can I say? You seem to believe all men should be football obsessed, sexist, cultureless, homophobic assholes on principle. You give men a bad name.

Also, he's your son. If you're disappointed or disgusted with him, that makes you a HORRIBLE father. Treat your son with some respect, ask him what HE wants to do, what HE cares about.

(lol, ok, omit what i just said :P )