TAT
Lv 7
TAT asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 10 years ago

Should Beck be arrested for sedition. He read the Arizona immigration bill on his show today?

Update:

Mikey, did not you not hear Joe Klein of Time magazine accuse Beck of sedition

Update 2:

OMG, you guys are so literal. I don't think Beck did anything wrong. The guy from Time magazine is accusing him of sedition. I am paroding Joe Klein. Geesh, drink wine cooler and chill

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sedition`s Legal Definition: Sedition is the crime of revolting or inciting revolt against government. However, because of the broad protection of free speech under the 1st. amendment, prosecutions for Sedition are rare. Nevertheless, Sedition remains a crime in the US under 18 U.S.C.A. 2384 (2000), a federal statute that punishes seditious conspiracy; & 18 U.S.C.A. 2385 (2000), which outlaws advocating the overthrow of the federal government by force.

Generally, a person may be punished for Sedition only when he or she makes statements that create a CLEAR &PRESENT DANGER to rights that government may lawfully protect. (SCHENK V US, 249 U.S. 47, 39 S.Ct. 247, 63 L.Ed. 470 {1919}.

Sedition; n. The federal crime of advocacy of insurrection against the government or support for an enemy of the nation during time of war, by speeches, publications & organization. Sedition usually involves actually conspiring to disrupt the legal operation of the government & beyond expression of an opinion or protesting government policy. Sedition is a lesser crime than treason, which requires actual betrayal of the government or espionage. Espionage involves spying government, trading state secrets (particularly military) to another country (even a friendly nation), or suppliers of the government (i.e. an aircraft factory).

Clearly, Glen Beck is not a seditious person, nor is his showing the Arizona statute on immigration law on his show a seditious act. We should be thankful to Beck for willing to inform the American public, those who have not had the time to read it on their own; like Barack Hussein Obama, Eric "Hold Obama`s Bag" Holder, Janet Napolitano & the rest of Obama`s goons.

I hope that the viewers that watched the show can finally understand that Arizona`s statute only seeks to enforce US federal law & our Constitutions requirement for protected & secured borders. It does not, in any way, discriminate against any group of persons & it strictly prohibits profiling.

If you are pulled over by the police while driving, you have to show them your driver`s llicense

If you buy ccigarettes& lliquor you have to show your driver`s license or another acceptable identification.

If you`re arrested for any crime, you have to provide identification.

If you attend a US college, again you have to show identification.

If you solicit a US passport you have to submit your birth certificate.

If you`re a foreigner working here, you have to carry your Green Card with you at all times.

The reason why the bill is being attacked is because those who are here illegally fear being picked-up & deported & politicians fear losing the hispanic vote.

Let this Arizona bill be a warning to all of them that the free ride is over; you either come here legally or don`t come at all.

By the way, Joe Klein is a nobody who most of us have never even heard of him, let him enjoy his five minutes in the llimelight

On another note; why is it that Jane Fonda, Sean Penn, Black Panther party & others like them have never been charged for sedition?

• 4 years ago

Many people are for this, and many against it. If you really think that it's not about race and profiling, then please keep dreaming. It is a valid concern. Anybody who looks foreign and who is there legally will be worse off as a result of this law (yes, I have read it). There is the strong potential that they will be treated differently. If you believe that law enforcement will not manufacture another probable cause in some instances, then I admire your innocent outlook on life and mankind. Yes, illegal immigration is a serious issue. And yes, the drug cartels must be stopped. But in fighting bad things we must not become bad ourselves. The majority of people across the country do not support this law. They support an appropriate immigration policy. I have seen wildly skewed surveys. Who can believe any survey these days, as any lobby group can come up with a survey or study supporting their argument. Remember the tobacco industry study that PROVED that smoking was neither bad for you nor addictive. Take the surveys with a grain of salt! Finally, there is the small matter of the Constitution. States may not have their own foreign policies, and immigration policy is a Federal matter. End of story. I've seen all the contrary arguments, and I am not persuaded by them. This is a nice diversion for the politicians in Arizona though. Get the people all worked up about immigration, and then they won't ask hard questions about the economy and the State deficit. Great strategy!

• 10 years ago

Sedition? How stupid are you? Oh yea you don't know what sedition means.

By the way Tit what does it take to be a top contributor?

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

He can't be.

Sedition is not illegal.

Treason is.

Now.

Explain to us all exactly how the First Amendment escaped your notice when you READ THE CONSTITUTION.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.