People who have been to europe--some opinions/advice/answers???!!!!...

ok, so im going on a trip to switzerland this summer. its me a group of other teenage girls [wer all in high school], eight of us, and four chaperone/advisors [some middle-aged/somehwat elderly ladies, all of whom have done a lot of traveling like this]. our advisors kinda ruin the trip sometimes [during our... show more ok, so im going on a trip to switzerland this summer. its me a group of other teenage girls [wer all in high school], eight of us, and four chaperone/advisors [some middle-aged/somehwat elderly ladies, all of whom have done a lot of traveling like this].
our advisors kinda ruin the trip sometimes [during our monthly planning meetings] cuz they obsess over eveery little detail, especially the weird little details. [like, for example, ur hat u bring for hiking Has to have a brim that goes all the way around, or else ur ears will sunburn, even if u wear sunscreen].

so we'r leaving july 5th, and we only have 2 meeting left. at our meeting last night one of our advisors went over in great detail what to pack.

the main thing i want an opinion on is gonna sound weird, but i really just wanna know. the ladies all said that almost everyone gets diarrhea and/or constipated when u go to europe/switzerland. i have never never ever heard anything like this before. i thnk they said something about high altitudes or something. im seriosuly having trouble believing this. but iv never been to europe before, and neither have either of my parents. my mom [whose flying out to meet me so we can spend an extra week to visit her friend in germany] doesnt believe me/them about thhe whole getting sick thing.

so, from someone whose been to europe, or done travel like this, is this true? or r my advisors once again being obsessive over insignificant things?

also: theyr being Very obsessive with wut we pack [we'r backpacking; everythings on my back during travel]. two weeks. theyr saying: three to five plain t shirts [3 of which r already unfirm/group shirts (white polo, navy polo, red tshirt], one or two long sleeve shirts, 2 pairs of pants [no jeans allowed. and one of them has to b khakis (uniform thing)], maybe a pair of shorts [but they discourage it. they say ppl dont really wear shorts in europe?], one sweater/jacket-like thing, our pair of hiking boots, a pair of comfy everyday walking shoes [will my all-star converse sneakers work??], a pair of "practical" sandals that Have to have a strap around the back of the ankle [why cant i wear my rainbow flip-flops?], and only two bras, one of which is one we'r wearing [they said laundry will be washing stuff in the sink and hanging to dry--im not fond of the idea of washing my bra in the sink and then hanging it up to dry in the coed hostel].
i would jsut stuff some stuff in there secretly [extra shirts, shorts, etc], but theyr requiring a luggage check a week before and expect us to leave it packed such way.
my moms meeting me, and she said she'll bring my jeans and maybe some other stuff, but id hate to make her lug a bunch of other stuff for me, cuz she's packing too.

would it b unrealistic to want to ship the stuff i dont want anymore [knick knacks and hiking boots] home when im done with the group and with my mom?

is it unrealistic to want to wear dresses/skirts and sandals while walking around [like in paris?]

and does anyone have knowledge of weather this time of year in that region? [switzerland, france, and southern germany]