First Time Homeowner Tax Credit Question...?

My fiancee and I just purchased a home. We are amending our 2009 taxes to get the first time homeowner credit. Mty questions is: Do both of us have to amend and claim he credit in the amount of $4000 or can just one of us do it and collect the full $8000. We would prefer to just amend one tax form and collect... show more My fiancee and I just purchased a home. We are amending our 2009 taxes to get the first time homeowner credit. Mty questions is: Do both of us have to amend and claim he credit in the amount of $4000 or can just one of us do it and collect the full $8000. We would prefer to just amend one tax form and collect the 8k in one check but we are not sure if that is possible. Any help would be appreciated..thx
Update: Just to clarify, we bought the home together and are both listed on the mortgage...so it looks like we both have to individually reamend our taxes and claim $4,000 as opposed to just one of us amending and claiming the 8k in full?