Civil vs Environmental Engineering?

I'm really interested in Environmental engineering. What do you think is more in demand?

And what types of things would I be doing on a daily basis with either of these careers? This isn't just an office job right?

• Jan
    Favorite Answer

Call me old-fashioned, but I have a hard time imagining what an environmental engineer would actually do. I will agree there are environmental aspects to every branch of engineering and to the need for engineers in said fields to be aware of the impact their projects are having. I can see why they would need to consult with biologists, climatologists, sociologists and what have you, but I can't see how someone can be formed to be all these things in one. Just knowing about the environment isn't going to get anything built or result in a workable compromise.

• y

It could be an office job for both of them, or they could be a combination, or you could be traveling to sites all day. Depending n where you land, will determine how much your outside. My brother is an environmental for the state, hes out at sites all day and very rarely go's into the office.