Civil vs Environmental Engineering?

I'm really interested in Environmental engineering. What do you think is more in demand?

And what types of things would I be doing on a daily basis with either of these careers? This isn't just an office job right?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Jan
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Call me old-fashioned, but I have a hard time imagining what an environmental engineer would actually do. I will agree there are environmental aspects to every branch of engineering and to the need for engineers in said fields to be aware of the impact their projects are having. I can see why they would need to consult with biologists, climatologists, sociologists and what have you, but I can't see how someone can be formed to be all these things in one. Just knowing about the environment isn't going to get anything built or result in a workable compromise.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It could be an office job for both of them, or they could be a combination, or you could be traveling to sites all day. Depending n where you land, will determine how much your outside. My brother is an environmental for the state, hes out at sites all day and very rarely go's into the office.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.