Can God lie or die, what does 1 John 5:5 say?

Why Jesus is NOT JEHOVAH?

1. By his own admission. John 5:19, 30; John 7:17, John 8:42, John 12:49, John 14:28,

John 20:17, Matthew 24:36, Matthew 4:10, Matthew 7:21 etc.

2. Psalm 110:1 and 4 compared with Hebrews 6:20, 8:1, 2, 4:15, Matthew 22:41- 46.

These Scriptures show that Jesus Christ is High Priest to God. God CANNOT be

High Priest to himself can he?

3. Deuteronomy 18:18, 19 compared with John 1:19-21, 25-27; 6:14; 7:40; Acts 3:19-26

Jehovah God mentioned a Prophet that was to come similar to Moses [would liberate the people from any entanglement so they can pursue true worship of God]. This Prophet was to SPEAK only TRUTH from God himself. John 12:49, John 8:42; John 18:37, Matthew 21:9 - 11.

4. When Jesus Christ was tempted by the Devil [slanderer] to do an act of worship to him, Satan [resister], Jesus directed Satan to God's Word [Bible] saying this privilege was

God's ONLY.

Matthew 4:10, compare with Deuteronomy 6:13- 15.

5. At Matthew 27: 46 we read: And about the ninth hour, Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" NKJV.

Who was this God? Yes, my friends, Jesus was speaking to Almighty God, Jehovah.

Compare Psalm 22:1.

6. There are various references of the God and Father of Jesus Christ. Please read; 1 Peter 1:3, Romans 15:6, 2 Corinthians 1:3, Ephesians 1:3, John 20:17, Revelation 1:6, 3:12, 2 Corinthians 11:31.

NOTE PLEASE that EVEN when Jesus is glorified and in heaven he refers to his God [Revelation 3:12]. N.B. God Almighty JEHOVAH, is THE MOST HIGH

[Psalm 83:18]

he CANNOT BE ELEVATED ANY HIGHER SINCE HE IS AND HAS

ALWAYS BEEN THE MOST HIGH. [Re 4:8 - 11; Hebrews 12:18 - 29 compared with Philippians 2:5 - 11.

7. Jesus is identified as taking the scroll from the hand of the One seated on the throne in the heavens [that is from God's hand]. Revelation 5: 7.

8. Jesus is compared to an angel of God, at Galatians 4:14. This is supported by Proverbs 8:22-31, Hebrews 1: 5; Hebrews 8: 1, 2; Philippians 2: 5- 11; Revelation 3:14; 1 Thess. 4: 16. Col. 1:15, John 3:13, Daniel 7: 13, 14, Micah 5: 2.

9. Almighty God is from everlasting to everlasting [Psalm 90:2, Revelation 4:10,11], He

CANNOT DIE, Jesus had to die for redemption to be a reality [John 3:16, etc.]

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

What's it say?

"He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind."

And God says this in several places in the Jewish bible.

God does not lie. Why does God not lie? BECAUSE HE IS NOT A MAN. This is what it says, right there.

• 10 years ago

JESUS is GOD in flesh.

Isaiah 9:6 John 14:7-11 Collossians 2:8-9, 2 Corinthians 5:19

JESUS said "I and my Father are ONE(one and the same) John 10:30-33 and the Jews were going to stone JESUS for claiming to be GOD!

JESUS said HE sits on HIS FATHER'S throne Revelation 3:21 and the lamb proceeded from the midst of the FATHER'S THRONE Revelation 5:6-8

JESUS is the FIRST and the LAST.Isaiah 44:6 Revelation 1:17-18 and there is much more!

JESUS never said "GOD and I can not be in the same place at the same time sorry!Can't be done won't be done no way no how!"

GOD is in CHRIST! and NO one can rip GOD out of JESUS no matter how much they want to scream JESUS i not GOD,they are correct in the sense that the HUMANITY is not GOD and since the SPIRIT can not die, GOD had to have a HUMAN BODY!

GOD veiled HIMSELF in human form to atone for our sins,HE is high priest AND sacrifice.

So NO GOD did NOT lie!

JESUS IS GOD in the flesh!

• 10 years ago

1 Samuel 15:29 tells us that God cannot lie.

Jehovah is a name given by some of the belief that does not Identify Jesus Christ as the Son and God as the Father and both being one in the same.

Jehovah is a transliteration and not a translation of the hebrew manuscripts. God told us in His word that His name is YHVH, it is found in the acrostic also. He also told us that His name is I AM, and AlPHA and OMEGA. And we do know there are no J's in Hebrew.

Jesus is the Son of God, not an angel of God.

Many do not use the KJV 1611 because they are believing in deceptions and are settled in the way of that. Yet it remains the closest and clearest and best of transl. from the scrolls and manuscripts from the languages.

God also told us that His name was Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, He will not die, He is a spirit, not a flesh body.

• 10 years ago

No.

Jesus is God eternally. =)

Revelation 22:13

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

Jesus is God and the only way into heaven. Please pray a sincere prayer with all of your heart admitting to Jesus you are a sinner. Have full faith that His blood pays off all of your sins and accept His gift of everlasting life. I pray that God blesses you with peace. Amen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

yhwh our god is one god.

yhwh our elohim is echad elohim.

god is elohim, the plural of el.

one is echad, meaning single compound.

yhwh our plural god is one single compound plural god.

this is what the words MEAN!

finding an argument from english to make it not mean what it means is to go against scrpture.

god cannot lie, true. so how do we understand the death of yeshua?

the word became flesh and skenoo with us.

skenoo, commonly translated "dwelt" actually means "to dwell as in a tent, tabernacle".

so the incarnation is described literally as dwelling in a tent, a partial fulfilment of the miqra of tabernacles.

as the flesh is a tent with god in. at the exact appointed time he left the tent. the mortal body died.

3 days later he rebuilt the temple of his body just as he prophesied he would. the body rose again.

if the apostles, who knew him, concluded he was both lord and god, why are you making arguments to dispute this?

• 10 years ago

LOL @ South Park Jesus

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.