If the Mexican immigrants are so bad, why is El Paso one of the safest American cities?

That city is clearly on the border, and I'm absolutely sure many illegal immigrants live there, but it has one of the lowest crime rates in the nation. So what's the difference between those immigrants and the ones in Arizona?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_cities_...

I've always been told by my fellow Texans to not hang out too long in El Paso when driving through.

San Diego would have been a better example. It has the same level of crime and likely almost the same amount of illegals, but double the population of El Paso.

• 10 years ago

That is like saying that Russian roulette with 5 loaded chambers is safe because 1 in every 6 who play survives. Your logic is flawed. El Paso, if it is really as safe as you say it is, is an exception, not the rule. Go to LA, or Phoenix, or Houston, or Oakland and hang out with some of the illegal aliens in gangs like MS13 and tell me how "safe" those places are.

• 10 years ago

Immigrant implies paper work and following the nations laws. Nobody is saying Mexican immigrants are "bad".

As for illegal immigrants they are just like all other people and have good and bad among them but the difference is that we have plenty of our own criminals and do not need to import them from other countries thank you.

• 10 years ago

I don't think people have a problem with Mexican immigrants. They have a problem with illegal immigrants. It is not just Mexican illegal immigrants either, there are alot of illegal immigrants from all over the world here.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

this question is beyond all common sense. one city among thousands an you pick out a city that just happens to be a little safer an you make it out to be something that not even the remotely possible to be true,

• Flower
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

The Texas Rangers probably round up people regularly and take them back across the border.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

You know what?

If you dig around in the garbage long enough, you can usually find something that is still usable.

• 10 years ago

Well Its because they are excepting People not like in Arizona, besides they are part of the Arizona Boycott and good because I support the Boycott of that State as well.

• Gus
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Read some of these case studies and then tell me illegal immigration is safe

http://www.drdsk.com/articles.html

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Arizonans make their own enemies, therefore create their own problems.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.