Can you tell me how to answer these maths questions?
I am doing a maths paper for homework but having some difficulty with some questions. If you could show the working out of the answer where possible I would be very grateful. Thanks
1. L is the line 6x - 4y = 5
K is the line that passes through the point (1,0) and is perpendicular to L
i) Find the equation of K
ii) Find the equation of M, the image of K under the translation (2,1) --> (3,-2)
2. The circle K has equation x2 (squared) + y2 (squared) = 10
I know that this means the centre is (0,0) and the radius is the square root of ten but
i) Prove that the line x - y = 6 is a tangent to K and find the co-ordinates of the point of contact.
3. The letters of the word DUBLIN are arranged at random
i) How many arrangements begin and end with a vowel?
ii) In how many arrangements do the two vowels come together?
4. A local lotto draw involves picking four different numbers from all the natural numbers between 1 and 16, inclusive.
Find the probability that
i) the winning numbers are drawn in the order: 10, 3, 5, 13
ii) the winning numbers are 1, 4, 5 and 16
iii) the winning numbers are all even
iv) the winning numbers include at least one odd number
- Anonymous10 years agoFavorite Answer
Use a texas Instrument graphing calculator