? asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 10 years ago

is the Quran really from god?

Many muslims give a large variety of arguments trying to prove the Quran is not man-made, but rather, from God. But we are not going to focus on the muslim argument because many are invented concoctions. One example is scientific miracles. There is nowhere in the Quran which says 'science proves Islam or the Quran'.

But we are going to address arguments straight from the Quran. These are direct arguments in the Quran for evidence of Islam.

Contents

[hide]

[edit] Evidence number 1

The First piece of evidence can be found in chapter 2 verse 23 of the quran which states:

And if ye are in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto Our slave (Muhammad), then produce a surah of the like thereof, and call your witness beside Allah if ye are truthful.

Qur'an 2:23

Here the Islamic god is challenging mankind to produce 1 chapter like the Quran and goes on to say:

But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith.

Qur'an 2:24

So the main message is 'these words are obviously divine, so that is proof this is from god'.

But this is not a good argument. It's the same as a rapper saying 'you can't flow like me, so i'm the best'. Essentially the Quran is proving itself.

But are the Surahs (chapters) of the Quran so amazing only a deity could have inspired it? Let's take one of the shorter chapters of the Quran as an example...

Say: O disbelievers! I worship not that which ye worship, Nor will ye worship that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which ye worship. Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

Qur'an 109:1-6

The above chapter is called Al-Kafiroon. Do you see anything divine or amazing about it? Off course not. Any human could come up with these verses since it is everyday conversation. Chapter 109 of the Quran is everyday conversation, whether between Hindus and Sikhs or Catholics and Protestants. But even if this chapter was unique. Does that prove an omnipotent deity was behind it? If so, it would mean that Einstein, Shakespeare etc. received divine inspiration too doesn't it?

[edit] Evidence number 2

The other evidence of the sacred nature of the Quran comes from chapter 4;82 of the Quran. It implies that the Quran does not contain any contradictions and therefore, it must be from god.

Do they not consider the Qur'an (with care)? Had it been from other Than Allah, they would surely have found therein Much discrepancy.

Qur'an 4:82

Do you think that's a good argument? If you create a self-proclaimed divine book and say "this is from God" and when asked for proof you say "there are no contradictions", is that sufficient? Either way, this argument is still invalid as muslim scholars themselves are aware of contradictions otherwise they wouldn't have created the abrogation ruling. The abrogation ruling means that if a contradicting verse supersedes something prior, then the latter verse is applicable. If that does not convince you we have created an article full of Quran contradictions on the following page:

* Contradictions in the Quran

[edit] Evidence number 3

The other main argument is not much different from all other theists. It is a first cause argument;

Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? Or did they create the heavens and the earth? Nay, they have no firm belief.

Qur'an 52:35

But don't all religions use this argument? Is the god of the gaps argument any good? The phrase God of the gaps refers to a view of God as existing in the "gaps" or aspects of reality that are currently unexplained by scientific knowledge. An example of the line of reasoning starts with the position that early religious descriptions of objects and events (such as the Sun, Moon, and stars; thunder and lightning) placed these in the realm of things created or controlled by a god or gods. As scientific explanations were found for observations in the realms of astronomy, meteorology, geology, cosmology and biology, the use of supernatural explanations for phenomena was progressively reduced, occupying smaller and smaller 'gaps' in knowledge. The God-of-the-gaps view has been criticized for implying that people perceive that God only acts in the gaps, and that God's activity is restricted to such "gaps".

It could also be argued that poor design points against the existence of God. For example:

* The existence of the blind spot in the human eye

* In the human female, a fertilized egg can implant into the fallopian tube, cervix or ovary rather than the uterus causing an ectopic pregnancy. The existence of a cavity between the ovary and the fallopian tube could indicate a flawed design in the female reproductive system. Prior to modern surgery, ectopic pregn

Update:

* pregnancy must be aborted to save the life of the mother.

* Almost all animals and plants synthesize their own vitamin C, but humans cannot because the gene for this enzyme is defective. Lack of vitamin C results in scurvy and eventually death.

* The existence of unnecessary wings in flightless birds, e.g. ostriches

The argument from design claims that a complex or ordered structure must be designed. However, a god that is responsible for the creation of a universe would be at least as complicated as the universe that it creates. Therefore, it too must require a designer. And its designer would require a designer also, ad infinitum. The argument for the existence of god is then a logical fallacy with or without the use of special pleading. This points out that God does not provide an origin of complexity, it simply assumes that complexity always existed. It also states that design fails to account for complexity, which natural selection can explain.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Your patronising attitude is most annoying.

As a Muslim I do not need to prove anything , I know that the Qu'ran is from Allah [swt] and I do not need to justify my belief to anybody.

• 10 years ago

Muslims claim they worship the same God as the Christians and Jews. If that is the case then they would uphold the same rules and teachings God gave to His people. The teachings on salvation, women, marriage, Sabbath, tithe would all be the same and in tact in the Quran but it is not. The Bible came before the Quran.

1. God tells us numerous times not to change His word. Read Deuteronomy 4:2 , Proverbs 30:6, John 10:35

2. We should be careful of any person or angel that brings us another gospel. Yes it says any person OR angel. Read Galatians 1:8. Now did you know that according to Islam the angel Gabriel ‘’gave’’ Muhammad the Quran. The angel apparently recited it. What for? Why would God want people to recite when we should read in peace and in our own pace?

3. Christ's word will not change I Peter 1:25.

You decide but it’s quite obvious the Quran is not from God. Jesus never even spoke of another true prophet to come after Him. Says a lot.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

First of all, all of what you say is flawed.

the rapper says you can't flow like him, but indeed proof has it that every generation produces a better flower ahaha or how ever you spell it.

BUT, no one has been able to match the qur'an. And, you must study the perfection of the linguistics of the qur'an before you say ''it's not amazing and anyone can do it''

those who have studied the arabic and the perfection of it in qur'an have indeed realized this.

Is no contradictions a good proof? Indeed it is. What book that encompasses everything contradicts nothing?

And if the scholars supposedly found contradictions, show them.

They did not created the abrogation ruling, rather the abrogation ruling is a revaltion from Allah if you have read it - it is HE who ruled his abrogation legitamate, not the scholars.

Science does not prove qur'an, qur'an doesn't talk about science.. alas , you have not understood that this is a book of signs, and in it is the truth from every aspect it speaks of. It speaks of science, have you read how it has determined the speed of light? Oh yes, and many others, and those are indeed proofs that it is from Allah. If you can understand.

and on we were created and we cannot create, they don't all use this, in fact none of them do.

Why? what's the difference? Because number one, look at WHO is the one that is the creator and the one with power, and look how it speaks of that with truth (read the 99 names of Allah, read the attributes of Allah) No other book tells you which creator has done that with truth such as the qur'an

you should indeed study.

And if you are willing to say that God designed you poorly .. you could think of millions of things.. I mean, do you want wings? Are you mad that Allah didn't give you wings? After all it would save you on gas money right?

Life is a test, and you are failing miserabely , so stop failing

Source(s): your edit makes no sense. In fact He is so complex, that there is nothing before him, he is and was forever. You can't understand that - but you can understand natural selection??????????????????? Natural selection doesn't explain creation. Allah does!
  • Carlie
    Lv 5
    10 years ago

No, and you cannot prove the quran with the quran.

Galatians 1

6I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!

A warning from God about whispering ANGELS. Sound familiar?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

And you think you are smart and managed to unriddle what billions of people could not.

You are just trying to satisfy your own doubts with these statements similar to people who are like you.

Why do not you save yourself and others and read scholarly articles and books about the topic.

Maybe you will learn something.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

well done. it is worth noting that the first argument (argument from eloquence once might call it) has been used repeatedly in later times by various splinter groups that came out of islam, notably, ahmadiya and baha'i. in each case we are told we must believe that their leader was inspired by god because otherwise he could not have produced the vast amounts of drivel that he did in fact produce, LOL.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If someone wants to believe that the Quran was written on behalf of God,

then who am I to say that they are mistaken.

• 10 years ago

I have posted this simple challenge before and unsurprisingly, no takers, it is derived from the message of the Quran. The only message that can be 100% verified from within the Quran and needless to say a distinction enjoyed only by the Quran.

Before the skeptics jump in, here is a very simple test and a challenge, I have watered it down considerably to enable anyone to control and verify it with ease.

You may take up this challenge individually or work in a group. Fire up your latest word processor and try to write or copy paste an existing text, 10 to 15 pages in length on any subject of your choosing. Stop after the first three sentences and identify let us say 10 to 15 words/terms, you choose a number. Now try finishing or modify the document by ensuring that each of the chosen word/term is repeated exactly 50 times (or a similar number, again you choose) without any sentence contradicting another sentence in the document (by the way you can use the word contradiction just once) and each chosen word and the opposite of each word (example high and low) is repeated exactly the same number of times or in a logical multiple, alternatively use the words corresponding to an established fact, example; when referring to the celestial events, use the word ''month'' 12 times or ''day'' 365 times etc. Have fun, see you back in ......... well whenever you are ready or ready to give up :) Oh yes, just to make it interesting, do it in rhythmic prose.

Now imagine doing the same for a document with 80,000 words, without a word processor with word count, no spell check and no Internet to verify facts to fulfill the non contradiction constraint. In order to appreciate the complexity of the system, let me touch on the above example of the word "Day" repeated 365 times in the Quran. This is not a memory trick, not even close, please note the occurrences of the word ''Day'' are related to when referring to the celestial events, that is the count is valid only when the word ''Day'' is used to mean calender day, in which case the four occurrences in Chapter 69:15-18 will be excluded since that refers to the day of judgment hence not part of the 365 days of a calender year. That in itself raises the complexity to a new level, since the Author was not mindlessly counting words but counting them with the context in mind hence a mere word counter function of the word processor will not do :)

Besides no other book/manuscript in the history of the world has been identified to contain even 1% complexity of this single occurrence. The claims about the Bible and some other religious manuscripts are in a completely different league and the complexity down right pedestrian when compared to the Quran. Now try doing it in the middle of a desert community with no think tanks, no centers of learning and cover multiple knowledge domains. Have dozens of community members commit it to memory word for word. Then go on to implement everything you have written within a couple of decades and change not only deeply held religious beliefs but change the socio-economic fabric of the community and rewrite every law of the land, all this while fighting off enemies by the train loads on a daily bases.

All the skeptics have to do is post it when they are finished :) The real question; Why won't you do it ?

Just suspend your personal beliefs for a few hours, disregard who believes in the message of the Quran or how it got here or even what it says, this is purely for those who would like to better understand 1.5 billion fellow earth dwellers and why they are all ga ga over their beliefs and perhaps join them/us. Mind you this has nothing to do with the code 19 on which the jury is still out.

If you want to view it with data please go here http://lifecheat.blogspot.com/2010/04/so-why-wont-...

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

yes it is the words from Allah..

everything has an instructions book or manuel to the creation

and the Quran is our guide through life from our creator.

• 10 years ago

I'm not reading all that.

So, "Is the Quran really from god?"

To Muslims, from Allah, yes. Not from my Lord though.

Source(s): Christian
  • 10 years ago

Assalamualaikum (Peace be upon you)

There are many forms of miraculous evidence which clearly shows it is:

http://www.55a.net/

http://www.miraclesofthequran.com/index.php

And Allah knows best

May Allah provide us with guidance

Salaam

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.