Why do Jews reject the salvation offered through Jesus Christ when His presence is all around them?

Clearly, Jews have a strong suspicion that Christianity and the acceptance of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is the one true path to salvation, and some do act on these suspicions, and accept Him.

However, most Jews do not take this step, despite being surrounded by evidence, including the fulfilled prophecies contained in the Old Testament.

Why is this? Why do so many Jews refuse to accept the salvation that is so freely offered them?

Favorite Answer

You really know nothing about Judiasm & display distain for us. For 2000 years Christianity has made this claim & for 2000 years Jews have died saying -- you really don't have a clue about Judasim.

So here's a good site for you to get started at. As you see the differences from what you've been taught - consider if it's possible you have a right to your religion, but you are obligated to start respecting Jews. http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org & http://www.jewfaq.org

I considered Christainity in my teenage years. I find the idea of a murder & blood giving good to people utterly disgusting. It's just not the right religion for me. I considered hell & salvation & thought they were way too simplistic. It's not the right religion for me. I thought about all the joy & value in Judaism, how it's this-life focused, about morality & details of morality. About how it's about improving the world & building a better future for all humans. And about traditions giving you a way to connect to God & your greater self. Now that's the right religion for me. It works for me.

There is no need for salvation. It's a concept created with Christainity that never existed in Judaism. There isn't even a focus on imperfection & sin in Judaism. The so-called laws are really about elevating oneself & a gift from God, not some burden. Also there is no one true religion - that's what Judaism believes, that all people can be good in God's eyes without even believing in God. So see - it's very different than what you've come to expect. Also in Judaism you can have a personal relationship wtih God. It's based on the ones of Moses & David, & Abraham. It's where Christainity got the idea of a personal relationship!

As snarky as I answered because I found your question deeply intolerant... I hope I've given something for you to think about, learn from & to help you appreciate Judaism little more. I'll try to be more patient in my answering if you want to ask the Jews in YA more questions about our religion.

"Why do Jews reject the salvation offered through Jesus Christ when His presence is all around them?"

Is it really? 'Cause I sure don't see it. Seems to me you're seeing what you want to see.

"Clearly, Jews have a strong suspicion that Christianity and the acceptance of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is the one true path to salvation, and some do act on these suspicions, and accept Him."

I'm trying not to snicker at that. Do you have any outward indications to support your claim, or are you once again projecting onto an ancestral religious group?

"However, most Jews do not take this step, despite being surrounded by evidence, including the fulfilled prophecies contained in the Old Testament."

Are you thinking of the prophesy that the Messiah would be named Immanuel (not Jesus), and be a direct blood descendant of King David (which can't be if Jesus was an immaculate conception)?

You're a hoot!! I guess you find it very difficult to deal with difference and the possibility of other minds seeing the world differently from you. I promise you that no Jew I know, including me, has any suspicion whatsoever about your incarnate deity. On the contrary, the idea is repugnant to us. As for evidence - what evidence? If that's what you want to see, obviously you see it, but I've seen no such. Others have given you the actual JEWISH prophecies concerning the messiah, rather than the ones back-engineered into the "Old Testament" by Christians - some of which we find frankly laughable, resulting as they do from mistranslations of the Hebrew or wilfully out-of-context readings of short snippets of text.

As for salvation - you do realise that the 'need' for salvation is something invented by Christians to give their 'Jesus' a purpose, don't you? Jews don't need 'salvation' because we never had original sin, the 'fall' or any such thing. We believe all can atone for the times when they 'miss the mark' ('sin' is a Christian concept) by apologising directly to the person wronged and to G-d. We don't need a mediator.

I'm not sure, why don't Christians accept Zeus or Lord Krishna into their lives, I mean the evidence is just so overwhelming! And you can't forget about that Thor! I mean all that thunder must be him! Oh oh no wait, it's Horus! He's the real savior, I mean he was born of a virgin, he had 12 apostles, performed miracles, walked on water, baptized in a river, was killed, and rose again on the third day, and is known as the lamb the way the truth and the light..oh wait a minute, who does that sound like? Come on, religion is evil no matter what you believe in, people will die and fight over their imaginary friends and ignorant people like you will always accuse others of being ignorant. Get real man.

Belief that there is a "one true path" to the exclusion of the many righteous paths is a fallacy. What you call salvation, I believe the Jewish concept is redemption.

You must know that every idea Jesus taught while he was alive were Jewish ideas. What he was able to do was make these ideas more accessible to the rest of the world. If, through Jesus Christ, you are able to have a meaningful relationship with God than good for you. Please understand that the covenant between God and the Jewish people did not end with the birth of Christianity.

answer: LOL - "strong suspicion" that is amusing. Your "evidence" is EXACTLY why Jews will not accept a failed messiah, Jesus or any other.

Reasons Jesus wasn’t the Jewish Messiah

divine birth/divinity - (the Jewish Messiah will be human – G-d cannot become human – Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 44:6, Hosea 11:9, Ezekiel 28:2, Numbers 23:19)

performing miracles - (JM won't perform miracles)

taking on the sins of others - (no one can take on the sins of others – Deuteronomy 24:16, Exodus 32:30-35, Ezekiel 18:1-4; 20-24; 26-27)

breaking Sabbath - strike (JM will be observant)

sacrificed/rising from the dead - (G-d rejects human sacrifice and blood sacrifice is NOT an absolute requirement – Deuteronomy 12:30-31, Jeremiah 19:4-6, Psalm 106:37-38, Ezekiel 16:20, Leviticus 5:11-13, Jonah 3:10, Leviticus 17, Leviticus 5:11-13, Numbers 16:47, Numbers 31:50, Isaiah 6:6-7, Jeremiah 7:22-23, Psalm 51:16-17)

prophecies unfilled - (JM will accomplish them in one life time)

The Messiah cannot trace his lineage through Jehoiakim, Jeconiah, or Shealtiel, because this royal line was cursed (I Chronicles 3:15-17; Jeremiah 22:18,30). But according to both Matthew 1:11-12 and Luke 3:27, Jesus was a descendant of Shealtiel

being worshiped - Jews worship G-d and only G-d

G-d is not a man that he should be deceitful nor a son of man that he should relent. (Numbers 23:19)

I will not act on My wrath, will not turn to destroy Ephraim. For I am G-d, not man, The Holy One in your midst. (Hosea 11:9)

Moreover, the Glory of Israel does not deceive or change His mind, for He is not human that He should change His mind. (1 Samuel 15:29)

He is not a man, like me, that I can answer him, that we can go to law together. No arbiter is between us, to lay his hand on us both. (Job 9:32-33)

Will you still say, “I am a god” before your slayers, when you are proved a man, not a god, at the hands of those who strike you down? (Ezekiel 28:9)

For your own sake, therefore, be most careful – since you saw no shape when the Lord your G-d spoke to you at Horeb out of the fire. (Hosea 4:15)

For I am the Lord, I change not. (Malachi 3:6)

(thanks to What Jews Believe and Mama P)

* The Sanhedrin will be re-established (Isaiah 1:26)

* Once he is King, leaders of other nations will look to him for guidance. (Isaiah 2:4)

* The whole world will worship the One God of Israel (Isaiah 2:17)

* He will be descended from King David (Isaiah 11:1) via King Solomon (1 Chron. 22:8-10)

* The Moshiach will be a man of this world, an observant Jew with "fear of God" (Isaiah 11:2)

*****In other words - this must all be accomplished in a human lifetime*****

* Evil and tyranny will not be able to stand before his leadership (Isaiah 11:4)

* Knowledge of God will fill the world (Isaiah 11:9)

* He will include and attract people from all cultures and nations (Isaiah 11:10)

* All Israelites will be returned to their homeland (Isaiah 11:12)

* Death will be swallowed up forever (Isaiah 25:8)

* There will be no more hunger or illness, and death will cease (Isaiah 25:8)

* All of the dead will rise again (Isaiah 26:19)

* The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness (Isaiah 51:11)

* He will be a messenger of peace (Isaiah 52:7)

* Nations will end up recognizing the wrongs they did to Israel (Isaiah 52:13-53:5)

* The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance (Zechariah 8:23)

* The ruined cities of Israel will be restored (Ezekiel 16:55)

* Weapons of war will be destroyed (Ezekiel 39:9)

* The Temple will be rebuilt (Ezekiel 40) resuming many of the suspended mitzvot

* He will then perfect the entire world to serve God together (Zephaniah 3:9)

* Jews will know the Torah without Study (Jeremiah 31:33)

* He will give you all the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4)

* He will take the barren land and make it abundant and fruitful (Isaiah 51:3, Amos 9:13-15, Ezekiel 36:29-30, Isaiah 11:6-9).

Thanks to Mark S and Plushy Bear

It is obvious that you know feck all about Jews.

Jews are strict monotheists, for starters. Jews do not worship men; only ha-Shem is allowed that honour. The Jews who have converted to Christianity either were weak Jews, lacked knowledge of history and Christianity or were coerced into it. For over 1500 years, Christians have used the blood libel claims, accused Jews of theocide, forced them to live in ghettoes and hunted them down on Christmas and Easter. Do you know what a pogrom is? No? Well Google it.

Jews went to the gas chambers of Auschwitz believing in the words of the Shema and this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU8PlMPV3fE

Youtube thumbnail

Shlomo Katz: Ani Ma'amin

and you have the audacity to even ask this question? So typical of a certain type of 'Christian'.

And no, I'm not Jewish. If anything, I'm the absolute opposite of a Jew. I'm an Asatruar, but I respect the religions of others. I realise not everyone sees divinity in the way I do, and they dont have to.

no jew accepts jesus as a savior. doing so makes one christian, and apostate to judaism. jews who convert to christianity are no longer considered part of the jewish community until they repent and reaffirm their jewish beliefs.

jesus failed to fulfill any of the legitimate messianic prophecies. those that christians claim he fulfilled are not prophecies at all, but mistranslations and misinterpretations of tanakh. and if being 'surrounded by evidence' refers to the constant persecution by smug christians such as yourself, then who can blame them for rejecting the 'evidence'?

then there's the teeny tiny little detail that vicarious salvation is a pagan concept, taken from greek sources in the case of christianity. accepting an intermediary before god is considered idolatry in judaism.

Source(s): lol, angels, i wish i could give you three TUs. for the father, the son, and the holy ghost. hehehe

Uh, dear, have you read the New Testament? The Jews of that time said that Jesus didn't fulfill the LITERAL prophecies THEY WERE EXPECTING!!!! They were expecting Him to free them from oppression, to not be someone they knew, they said they knew Jesus, etc. etc. Because He didn't fulfill the literal interpretations they had expected, most rejected Him.

Funny - Christians are doing the same thing today!!! They have literal interpretations the Return of Jesus MUST FULFILL otherwise they reject Him. He MUST come down in the clouds for everyone to see LITERALLY, etc. etc. etc.

The Return has come.

Source(s): www.bahai.org

1. Jews have no such suspicion.

2. The concept of "salvation" in Christianity is totally alien to Judaism.

3. Jesus was clearly not the messiah Judaism speaks of, so the Jews keep waiting.

4. Jesus fulfilled precisely zero of the actual, acknowledged messianic prophecies in the Tanakh.

Hope this has been enlightening for you.

jews have no suspicion of the salvation you speak of. and we proudly reject it. also the old testament talks alot about how idol worship is bad, and you cannot worship and man or anything for that matter aside from god. so when you worship jesus, you break one of the ten commandments. good job there. they may not mean much to you, but they mean alot to jews. so no to jesus.