In an FHA home loan, can the bank give additional money to the buyer (other than closing costs)?

Okay, to make a long story short, we were under a binding contract as of March 15th (within the deadline to qualify for the 8K tax credit). The bank has realized an accident in the contract, and now has to rewrite the contract in order to close, but this will break the binding contract previously stated and now we... show more Okay, to make a long story short, we were under a binding contract as of March 15th (within the deadline to qualify for the 8K tax credit). The bank has realized an accident in the contract, and now has to rewrite the contract in order to close, but this will break the binding contract previously stated and now we are no longer qualified for the tax credit.

SO, now that I am no longer receiving the 8K tax credit, unless I get a check from the bank for 8K, I will walk away.

Since this is a FHA Loan, I do not believe the bank is allowed to give any additional money other than closing costs (which they were already covering).

Does anyone know if they are allowed to give additional money to the buyer?
Anyone have any advice as to what I can do?