On reboot network icon isn't available for 4 minutes. Any suggestions?

When I boot my PC it takes 4 minutes for the internet icon to become available. Except for the start button I can't use any of the task bar buttons. I thought maybe there was a virus or a trojan so I ran a scan with McAfee and it found nothing so I tried booting into safe mode and running McAfee and windows... show more When I boot my PC it takes 4 minutes for the internet icon to become available. Except for the start button I can't use any of the task bar buttons.

I thought maybe there was a virus or a trojan so I ran a scan with McAfee and it found nothing so I tried booting into safe mode and running McAfee and windows defender. Note: when I boot into safemode with networking, the network icon appears right away.

Then I tried minimizing some of the start up programs by typing "msconfig" and clicked on selective startup. I only turned off the programs I knew I didn't want to start up. I also tried looking at all the processes running through windows task manager and there are 60 of them.

Just before my ethernet port went out I noticed it doing this. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I might get a new motherboard with the same chipset and RMA my current one on warranty.

Here are my specs:
EVGA 750i mobo ( I am thinking of getting an Asus 750i)
intel q9550
2x 2GB ddr2 corsair dominator (tested each dimm & they are ok)
300 GB VelociRaptor
1 TB Western Digital caviar black
Dynex dx-e102 10/100 Mb network adapter
Window Vista Home Premium 64 bit with all the updates

Thank you in advance for your help and answers.
Update: I had to get a network card to connect to the internet. sorry I left that out.
1 answer 1