Chris S asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics ยท 10 years ago

Pre-requisite mathematics for Quantum Mechanics?

I would like to do some self study of Quantum mechanics and I would love to know the mathematical prerequisites that are required.

Specifically I'd like to study quantum electrodynamics and quantum field theory (and generally all quantum mechanics) if you know what I should study please list it

Favorite Answer

To study Quantum Mechanics you must have strong mathematical base and real affection towards the equations. Still at my undergratuate level study I found specific areas of math more useful that I am enlisting here.

1) Calculus of one and calculus of several variables.

2) Basic calculus such as finding derivatives and integration.

3) Basic Algebra.

4) Operators and operator Mechanism.

You first take good hold of Quantum Mechanics and then only think of quantum field theory

Multi-variable calculus is your best bet, as if you can understand the topics involved with it, you should be able to understand the mathematics involved with QM, however, I would also reccomend a few studies in particle physics and general physics which will give you an intro into the basics of QM

must be type and humorous. Have a positive concepts-set. undemanding going. No backstabbers or routine liars favor prepare. must be truthful if my butt seems fat specially outfits and not enable me the position my hair in loopy strategies even if it appears that evidently solid on Lindsey Lohan. ought to no longer favor my husband nor attempt to push me to stray. ought to call me as a lot as I call her. And must have a lot of ice cream and guy hating shaggy dog tale at the same time as i'm disenchanted and that i will do a similar.