Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

I am curious why do the working class seem to have no problem working, and paying taxes to keep the elite fat?

and spoiled, but when asked to try to help someone who has fallen on hard times get a leg up you scoff and laugh?

Why do people complain about the poor, but they rarely seem to complain about the wealthy forcing you to pay taxes so they can live more comfortably than the rest of us?

Brian you are an idiot that drank the cool-aide the wealthy have been pouring down your throat.

The working people pay far more in taxes than you know.

You are stupid if you think people who work don't pay taxes. I made $47,000 last year, and I paid 3,000 in taxes and a butt load more on Sales tax, and even more on retarded fines for stupid laws the Liberals had crafted.

Best Answer

Propaganda and the subliminal messages flashed during commercials and on billboards is working. There must be some reason the powers that be want us sitting on the couch, unquestioning.

Some of us actually read and think for ourselves.

I think everyone (all classes) will end up paying taxes to get us out of this 30-50 year mess we're in. Everyone will have to either downsize or live more frugally since this bill we owe must be paid. Life is about choices, and has delicate balances. You say we need more tax payers in this country but when it comes to people having more kids I'll bet you'd reject that, and rightly so because the world cannot be more populated than it is currently as it would just tip the scale. While I don't know that people get tax returns that exceed what they put into the system (I never heard that statement ever before). There are loopholes that are in the process of being closed. Your statement of putting taxes on 47% of the people who pay no income taxes is silly in that it's like just not giving them food stamps or welfare, and by the way, that too, reductions in food stamps and welfare are in the process of being considered and probably will be reduced since things are being reduced across the board. You need to remember that the disabled and seniors who are on benefits don't get that much already, plus rentals are high and going higher and these people cannot go to tent cities like the middle class can. Plus these disabled and seniors are on prescription medicines and medical procedures. See, you're adding these two groups into your 47% and so you need to refigure your percentages before you make blanket statements. One of my concerns is that across the board they're thinking of reducing our military. That means those who have fought for us will become unemployed, so the money would just be exchanged from salaries and would become benefits with no change except that our country would be less secure and that our military would be without work. Remember that these military people pay taxes and they will then become unemplyed and no longer paying taxes.

The public school corporation I live in has a budget of almost $12,000 per student. I have four kids. If all my income were taxes at 100%, I'd barely pay enough to cover just my kid's public school education.

Who do you think is paying for that, and all the rest?

By the way, my kids all go to private school.

Propaganda and brainwashing tactics by the far right have proven to be an affective tool in their quest to gain power over the last few decades. (Tell a lie often enough, ya start to believe it).

Source(s): LLI

They've been duped into identifying not with their own class interests, but those of the rich. They think THEY'LL be rich, too, someday. But they won't! It's an eternal carrot held out in front of their noses.

I am working-class and I have a problem with it.

I don't think I as the working class are doing much to help the elite get fat. I'm way to busy paying out to those who don't want to work and the welfare and tax cheats. Those who choose to do a life of drugs and booze and then have to have SSI maintain them, but worse a lot of my money is going to the illegals here in the country. I don't complain about the poor and do all I can do to help them plus these others, get rid of those I named and maybe I could join the elite class.

Hell the poor have always been blamed. One minute they talk to us as though we are leeches, then turn around and try to win our votes, because they know they can't win without our numbers behind them.

Which is more unfair, capitalism or communism?

The working class believes in working for a living. They don't mind seeing the elite getting wealthy, as long as the worker gets a fair share and a fair deal out of it. That's what makes us worth our living.

We don't buy this "fallen on hard times" story. When we see someone who's fallen, we expect to see him trying to pick himself up, not lying there with his arms up trying to shame me into hauling him up off the ground myself. Then he'll just lie down on the ground again and say "I've fallen, I've fallen...." Then if it's a woman, she spits out a few more babies while she's lying there....

I suggest you learn how capitalism is working in countries like Germany and Sweden. They don't have masses of people lying around whining about how they've fallen and they can't get up.

you too have the chance to join the elite if you really try. as manny billionaires ancestors did